“If you're going to the farmer's market, relax here”

Garrison Beer Store
Ranked #40 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Beer only - no food. But a great deal to try their beer, a nice deck to watch people. They should serve food (hence my one star rating hit) -- but maybe there's no license? Potato chips? Would have had more beer but without something in my stomach I had to leave.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were there twice and both times the attendant was rude. sorry you don't like your job but it's not our fault. The beer was excellant but the atmosphere was rude

1  Thank exavious
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We ended up at Garrison's about an hour before they closed on a Monday night. We were the only people there and the bartender gave us great service and did not rush us one bit. The tasting room and beer store area is relatively small, our party of six took over the one seating area. It was perfectly comfortable for our group with the couches and chairs but it would have been difficult sitting inside if it was more crowded. There were some additional bar stools and outdoor seating. The tasting glasses were $2 each and were at least 4 ounces. It was a good price and a nice way to try a variety of beers. Garrison is on tap throughout Nova Scotia so it was nice knowing what I wanted to order when it was available. It was a lovely place to spend an hour relaxing before dinner. It is located right behind the Westin and close the to the cruise ship terminal.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

From our cruise ship, they're located right at the cruise dockside. A good size plant with a small bar and store area (no food, few seats). No free-tastings, but a good glass for the price (5oz @ $2). The server is extremely knowledgeable about brewing in general and his beers in particular. Good with a sudden crowd.

Their assortment is diverse and there are plenty of different beers available to try. I thought they were good enough that I brought a couple back to the ship to bring home and I'd be sure to stop in again when in the area.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

My wife and I can across this beer bar less than a block from the cruise terminal in Halifax. They offer small (about 1/2 pint) glasses of Garrison Beer for very reasonable prices (as I recall, $2.00 Canadian.) The inside seating area is rather small, but there is ample outdoor seating.

The two beers I sampled were average to good. It was a pleasant way to wind down and have a few good local beers before heading back to the ship.