“Awesome restaurant!”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Great family spot with a nice view of the ocean. Everything on the menu was amazing! The value of the meals and the quality of the food was great! I would definitely go back again and again!

1  Thank Matina K
There are newer reviews for Jim's Family Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Jim's is an ordinary enough looking place. It's an old diner in the truest sense, complete with a 1950's or 1960's style milkshake maker. Our server was very friendly and helpful, and she offered us good service. The haddock we ordered was very good. In fact, we were surprised by how good is was and impressed by how well it was prepared. The other items on our place (clams, calamari, potatoes, rice, etc.) were ok but nothing special. Compared to other local restaurants, the prices were competitive (though most of the other places we went were located downtown). Overall, it was a good meal with friendly service, and we appreciated the fact that the restaurant was a local place frequented by people who actually live in the Halifax area.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I had it ... with Jim's Haddock. Nice pies however. Would only come back for the pies. A lot of antsy children, but it is a "family" restaurant.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

If you are not a local you may not think of going to Jim's. I am from the Prairies where we have no access to real fried clams. Jim's is a local favourite on Bedford Hwy that locals have been enjoying for years. I ordered a large order of fried clams and was not disappointed. Clam bellies and all, the fried delicacy was amazing. Some eat it with tartar sauce, while some eat it with ketchup. I choose to treat them as many Canadians do their fries. . . loaded with white vinegar and ketchup. Trust me, it enhances the entire experience. The service was fantastic and I felt like a local. Try this local favourite. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Whenever I come to the city, Jim's is a must stop. The food is great, the service immaculate, the prices awesome, and the portion adequate! Already looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank Shelley L