“All day trip with Bruce”
Review of Bruces Tours

Bruces Tours
Ranked #24 of 54 Tours in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bruce's Tours is an independant van tour company operated by Bruce Cochrane. He has a variety of tours or is flexible to take you to wherever you wish while you are visiting Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and/or Prince Edward Island (PEI) as long as the tour starts in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Please email Bruce to discuss your vacation wishes while in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Overall a great day with Bruce, but long day driving around the city and Peggy's Cove. The city tour portion could have been shorter. However Bruce was very friendly and knowledgeable and offered great insight into the city. He also had a car seat for our daughter which was ideal so we didn't have to bring one.

All reviews
"lighthouse"
"route"
"passengers"

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

Bruce was exceptional as our Tour Guide in Halifax. He was very helpful with my 83 y.o. Aunt with mobility issues who was traveling with me. He was thorough and knowledgeable and I especially enjoyed our visit to the Cemetery with Titanic victims. He made plenty of stops along the way and I learned some good tips on photography from him.
He contacted me by email after I left since I accidentally left my reading glasses in his vehicle. He offered to ship them home for me.
I was impressed with his professionalism. I highly recommend him for anyone who would like to explore Halifax and beyond.
If I ever get the chance to return to Halifax again I would definitely book another excursion with him.
He was top notch!

Reviewed February 1, 2017

My partner and I booked this tour in advance. We did so based on the professionalism of the tour guide's website and the highly positive reviews we read on sites much like this one. As well, we're not one for big group tours, so thought a private tour with Bruce was the perfect ticket. And, at day's end, we couldn't be more pleased with our decision.

First off, we utilized Bruce on two occasions during our Halifax adventure. First, we had him pick us up from the airport because his rates in to town are much more reasonable than a regular taxi. He was very punctual -- waiting for us at the Halifax Airport arrivals area, sign in hand. Prior to leaving, he reviewed the next day's schedule with us (the day of our tour), showing us the routes we'd take and gave us quick overviews of some of the major sites. En route to our hotel, Bruce stopped at a couple of key locations just outside the Macdonald bridge so that we could take a few photos (we'd mentioned our general interest in photography). We thought this was really nice as it's definitely not something that would be done on a regular taxi or tour bus. As we approached the hotel Bruce gave us some dining recommendations, chief amongst them the Bluenose II (see my earlier review). It was a great ride in from the airport -- got dropped off right at the hotel entrance!

The following day, we partook in the roughly six hour tour. Again, Bruce was punctual and right on time. We appreciated his consummate level of professionalism; knowledge of the Halifax and surrounding area; and good attitude. We checked out all of the major stops as outlined in our tour itinerary: Halifax Explosion Monument; Titanic Grave site; the Tennycape River area; East Hants; Walton Lighthouse; and the main attraction for us, Burntcoat Head park. On top of all this, Bruce made accomodation for other interests; for example, taking us on an impromptu wine tour and -- because we're silly -- stopped at a Robin's donuts. Talk about walking the extra mile! Following the conclusion of our excellent tour, Bruce gave us a list of all the places we visited.

All, in all, we thought Bruce did an exceptional job. For what you pay, you definitely get your moneys worth and more. We appreciated his insight and flexibility (again, he stopped at Robin's donuts for us!). The service you get is definitely not something that can be had as part of a major bus tour (they're very limited), and suited our needs perfectly. If we happen to return to Halifax, we definitely will utilize Bruce's Tours again.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

1  Thank PookyCake
Reviewed December 17, 2016

I booked the walking tour along with two other couples from the cruise critic. Bruce was waiting for us exactly where he said he would be, holding a sign with my name on it. The van was comfortable and Bruce was very knowledgeable.

Bruce took us to many areas and one of the best in my opinion was the Cemetery/Titanic memorial. The lighthouse area was also a great place to visit.

The only negative thing I could say, is the fact that the walk was over a lot of uneven surfaces. To me it was not an issue. However, to some people it was. We wish we would have known about this up front.