“Ok beer and ok food”

Cuisines: Canadian, Brew Pub
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed November 29, 2012

To be honest I barely remember my meal. I had a hawaiin burger and it was ok but not great. I did really enjoy my spinach salad alot. My beer was acceptable. Service was very good. Seats not that comfortable, but the bar is in a good location. Seemed to be more of a hipster hang out spot.
er

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My English-born beer-connoisseur husband loves the beer here, in spite of its high alcohol content :) The IPA is one of his very favourite beers in Canada. The service is usually friendly but not fast. That usually doesn't matter much to us. It's a great place to sit and read and have a pint and a bite to eat. The food is actually pretty decent for pub food, and I like the casual atmosphere. Definitely one of our standard pubs in Halifax.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This pub is a highly rated local pub but looks like it hasn't had any upgrades for decades. Three of the six drafts were also unavailable on a warm August day. Top rated brew pub? Really? The menu is also mediocre although the seafood chowder was decent. Of most concern however is that one of the group didn't touch her salad because the dressing seemed "rancid" (herself a former restaurant manager). Now, at one time, I worked in and helped run my former in-laws Zagat-rated restaurant in downtown Toronto. On every occasion where a customer wasn't happy with the meal or hardly touched it, it was removed from the bill, if not a total comp for the entire sitting. I was most disappointed to see the suspect salad included on the bill! Is that a top-rated facility? But can you blame the staff if they weren't trained properly about customer service?

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Came with friends before the Halifax Seaport Beerfest and it was a great starting point!! Started with some great locally brewed beers.
I had the pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries and the curry mayo.. this was awesome.
The sandwich was great and the fries were good.. the best was the curry mayo.. I wish I had more fries just to have more of the mayo!!
Oh Service was good too..

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a great pub in a great location. The beer is brewed on-site and they a few interesting varieties that make this place worth visiting. The food is also delicious and reasonably priced.