“Great brew-pub”

Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Wolfville, Canada
“Great brew-pub”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a great pub in a great location. The beer is brewed on-site and they a few interesting varieties that make this place worth visiting. The food is also delicious and reasonably priced.

Visited June 2012

Halifax, Canada.
“Great Beer, Typical Rogue's Service.”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Rogue's Roost has some of the best locally made beer in Halifax, a variety of events keep the pub busy and fun. Don't expect speedy service, rogue's is a laid back environment, the staff is friendly, just not speedy, that's part of the charm.

The seasonal Raspberry Wheat Ale is one of my favourites. Perfect on a hot summer day to drink while people watching on Halifax's Busy Spring Garden Road.

• Visited April 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Quiet lunch place!”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Overall a good spot to go - IPA was excellent although lunch (piaza and wraps) was ok. Small crowd for a Friday lunch and not a lot of atmosphere to be sure.

Waterloo, Canada
“If Only They Could Improve The Service!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I first ate at Rogue's Roost in 2006 and was immediately attracted to the place. It's location allows a view over Spring Garden Road of all the university students pouring out of Dalhousie which, to me, was fun. I last ate here in December 2011. Over those five years, I noticed two changes that will likely keep me away in the future. First, the menu has changed, removing some of my favourite items and best values. Second, each time I return, I am surprised how poor the service is. On my last three visits, the wait staff has served me as if I was a nuisance. At my last visit, I actually had to approach someone at the bar to get someone to come to my table. (They were too busy lighting candles for atmosphere! Try a smile, instead.) Now, the only reason I might return is the quality of their home brew, but given the number of good places to eat in Halifax, I don't think I'll be back.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank dbakerca
Oakville
“Great brewpub”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is likely Halifax's best brewpub. Their beer is superb, and the pub-grub style food is excellent as well. The atmosphere is definitely not fancy (as befits a pub), but the large windows overlooking the bottom of Spring Garden Road offer lots of natural light and a bit of a view.

• Visited August 2011