“Never again!”

Four Points by Sheraton Halifax
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My last night at the hotel with my 2 children, ages 9 and 11 was horrible! We were awakened constantly through the night with groups of young people shouting in the hall. Then at 3:00 am a guest of the hotel was shouting out that she had just been beat up in a room on the floor below us! Bedlam ensued!!!! I called the front desk, she wasn't that helpful, to ask them if they knew what was going on. She said the police were there and were handling it. Not sure where the police were but they didn't arrive on our floor for another 20 minutes. For 45 minutes, we listened to this girl shout and complain about the cost of the room, and that for the price she should be getting better service! (What about the rest of the guests who we're trying to sleep!) I tried calling guest services again to find out when they were planning on having this mess dealt with..... no answer! At 4:30 am, after I had calmed my children down to get some sleep, the group shouting started again. No sleep for us! It's too bad this happened because the hotel itself is great, but their security and emergency response planning will prevent me from ever staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Starrynightdrive
jodysampsonRDM, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Hi Starrynightdrive,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take our guests security very seriously and apologize that you had to experience this disturbance during your stay.
Our staff are very well trained to ensure our guests safety. Our guest services manager Josh would like an opportunity to speak with you to address your concerns from your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact Josh at 902-474-3922.

All the best,

The Four Points Team.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed there as I was stuck in Halifax due to weather. Upgraded to junior suite as I am a platinum member. Hotel itself is very plain, but the room I had was nice. Typical Four Points amenities.
Agreed with some of the reviews, getting to the restaurant is a bit of a pain, but the happy hour there is very welcoming.
I would suggest they upgrade the fitness centre, the 'universal' gym is very dated and doesn't provide much.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank D C
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel had excellent, helpful staff, but - it was like threading the labyrinth to find the associated restaurant, and to get there was entirely unattractive. Again, its lobby was minimal and not a place to sit down in and relax. The stripes on the carpet at the exit to the second floor lift made me feel I was about to go downhill and was not on level ground, and finally, the bathroom contained shampoo & hair conditioner dispensers which would not have been out of place in a public restroom. The wi-fi was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
jodysampsonRDM, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hi Mrdonald3009,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. It was disappointing to read that our property did not meet your needs.

We do have a great team here and it was nice to see that they left a great impression on your stay. We do hope you will consider us for your next stay in Halifax. Please reach out to our reservations manager Ryan so we can personally select a room for your stay and handle and any details regarding your needs.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Spent a weekend here with some girlfriends in August. Loved every second of it! My second time staying at this hotel, and much like the first time, the service was incredible, the rooms were spotless, and the beds were phenomenal! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Room was not clean!! I know this because upon opening my mini fridge I found another guest's old food...and also, when I went to brew coffee in the room, the travel cups set out were also used - set up like no one had touched them, but once I removed the lid from the cup to pour my coffee I noticed the cut had already been used and still had a little old coffee in it! SO GROSS!! It is obvious the standard of "housekeeping" is very low here. Also very disruptive and unsightly construction going on all around the hotel. I asked for a harbor view room after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, but when I got there I was told by front desk staff that the only harbor view rooms they have are the suites, and I didn't book a suite so I couldn't get anything but a city view. What a joke! All in all it is a run down property with low standards, and not worth the earned SPG points to ever stay there again! The Marriott across the street is much nicer. Will choose them next time I stay downtown, or Inn on the Lake closer to the airport! Don't waste your money!

Room Tip: ask for floor with no construction! And also, if you want a harbor view, you have to book a suite :(
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashley B

Hi Ashley B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. First I would like to apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay and want to assure you this is not to our standards or Starwood's standard. I have shared your comments with all of our management team to ensure this is not experienced by another guest at the Four Points Halifax.
If you would like to reach out to us to discuss your stay in further detail, please contact Josh, Guest Services Manager.

Again we are truly sorry for this experience and hope you may reconsider a future stay with us.

Safe travels.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Helpful desk staff, clean & large rooms, great location: close to the water, great food & pubs, 4 blocks walking distance from the VIA station. This is a great place for both families and a working visit to Halifax. Not as fancy as the Weston (at VIA), but just as convenient. The mini food court on 2nd floor is a bonus for anyone who has to get in & out quickly. I would have rated higher, but did not use restuarant or exersize area.

Room Tip: Very accommodating if you ask for something specific (quiet, view, etc.).
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank steve s
jodysampsonRDM, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Hi Steve S,
We appreciate our guest’s feedback and use it to better serve our guest’s.
It was great to read your comments on our property and we are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us in Halifax. We are just in the final phase of renovations, which started at the beginning of 2014.
We hope to see you back at the Four Points Halifax again in the near future. Safe travels until then.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The hotel room is decent, and the bed is very comfortable. I asked for a quiet room, and received a room on the 6th (top) floor, facing the courtyard, which was very quiet indeed. The bathtub is huge, just one thing I noticed. My only complaint is the wifi. It is extremely slow, and barely connects. I had to tether the data from my phone instead, couldn't access their wifi very much.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo