“Getting Better”

Four Points by Sheraton Halifax
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel about five time snow, and my experiences have improved the more that I stay here. The rooms are newly renovated and are much nicer now, and the front desk staff are becoming friendlier. I particularly like when staff recognize you, and this is beginning to happen here. The only two remaining drawbacks are the reliability of the parking entrance technology (the codes that I have used have not worked more times than not), and the wireless in suites is not the greatest (I can't move my iPad from one spot in the suite room because t won't work in any other spot. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
jodysampsonRDM, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hi Nunateach,

We have just completed renovations to our guest rooms including, new beds, flooring, wall coverings, window coverings, updated washrooms, and new furniture. It was great to hear you enjoyed out new FourComfort beds!
We have also just recently upgraded our internet service to provide a stronger and faster connection complimentary to our guests. Should you experience difficulty with this service on any future stay with us, please contact the front desk. We offer a 24 hour technical support service from our internet provider.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Halifax!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The location of this hotel was central. We had taken the express bus in from the Airport and easily walked to the hotel. Everything was within walking distance from the hotel. The desk staff was approachable and helpful. We enjoyed the many food options close by. The beds were very comfortable. The room was very clean and housekeeping was attentive to our needs. The indoor pool and hottub were not busy and a nice visit after walking throughout the city. Caution with the bathtub/shower. It was very slippery and no mat was provided. My wife fell while shaving her legs and ended up with a very large abrasion to her thigh and my 14 year old son slipped as well. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We needed a one night stay and found many things to like about this hotel - location, very comfortable beds, modern bathroom and lots of space.
However, it was a Saturday and there was a large social group there, perhaps a wedding and they were very busy visiting each others rooms and the doors slam EXTREMELY LOUD! It was so annoying that I mentioned it to the hotel manager and they may have mentioned something to the group as when we returned it was better. Perhaps it is the hardwood floors.

I generally don't find petty negatives about hotels like the wall paper or lack of something at a free breakfast but when one is trying to rest, the noise of slamming doors is not relaxing.
Sadly, would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
jodysampsonRDM, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hi CdnDiveGal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
Weekends can bring larger groups of people travelling together to the hotel; it is unfortunate to hear that your stay with us was disrupted by noise. Should you find yourself in Halifax again we would like to welcome you back, please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask to be booked on our SPG floor. This floor offers only King size rooms and tends to be a little quieter as only single or couple groups tend to be on this floor.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently stayed with my significant other at the hotel, and let me tell you, it was the best nights sleep I have ever gotten. The beds are the softest that I have ever slept in, and we had so many pillows it was ridiculous.
The bathrooms were the cleanest bathrooms I have ever stayed at in a hotel, which is a feat in it's own as they are all white tile. Normally I wear flip flops around a hotel room, but I felt it was clean enough to go barefoot, which is really saying something.
This hotel is in a prime location too! It's a 5 minute walk to anywhere in downtown Halifax, and all the best restaurants!
My only 2 complaints were the the TV remote did not work half of the time, which is a little annoying when the TV doesnt have buttons to change the channel or volume. Also, the conditioner dispenser had not been refilled like the shampoo and body wash had been.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor because even 2nd story is on street level (built into a hill). It is also right b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
jodysampsonRDM, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We look forward to your next visit with us in Halifax!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

In early July 2013, I returned to this, to me, very familiar property. It is well-located on Hollis Street and within walking distance to the centre of Halifax. Fortis Inc., known for its efficiency, owns the property and ensures that it is well-maintained and managed.
Check-in was, as always, friendly and quick. In almost no time, I entered my comfortable suite, equipped with a refrigerator, a coffee maker, and stacked with necessary toiletries, bathrobes and two (free) bottles of water.

The hotel’s business centre is open. Until about early last year, it doubled as club lounge, but the hotel recognized that it needed a separate club lounge, which, I am advised, is to open his fall. The hotel has no restaurant of its own, but many hotel guests use the “Niche” restaurant, accessible through a corridor. However, the hotel offers catering to guests preferring to dine in their rooms. I ate breakfast from the a-la-carte menu of the Niche. Service was somewhat slow, but the food quality was good. Hotel guests may charge their meals and beverages to their hotel room.

Apart from its location, I like the hotel for its indoor swimming pool. Although not large, it is very clean. If one uses the pool early or late, one is able to swim lengths. The water temperature was perfect, and guests enjoying the adjacent exercise room find a good selection of equipment.

Hotel guess traveling from/to the Halifax International Airport may find transportation expensive ($63.00 by limousine and $59.75 by taxi), as the airport shuttle without notice, stopped, operating in October 2012. However, for budget-conscious travellers there is the City’s Metro Bus (#257) (one-way fare is $3.50 for adults). It takes about 50 Minutes from/to Scotia Square.

From the “Four Points”, one can walk to the Citadel. It houses a museum and, although the climb to the fortress is somewhat steep, one is rewarded with a panoramic view of Halifax and Dartmouth across the harbour. For guests enjoying beer, there is the Alexander Keith’s Brewery just steps from the hotel. It offers a virtual tour of the brewery (including its history, the brewing process, and a somewhat theatrical event taking visitors back to 1820, the year of its foundation. The admission fee includes a beer tasting for those interested. Harbour tours are available as well as daily excursions to places such as Peggy’s Cove.

I always regret leaving the Four Points. Its room rates are reasonable. My bill was correct and check-out very efficient. All staff is friendly and helpful, and I found the front-desk very knowledgeable. I plan to return soon.

Room Tip: Request an odd-numbered room, as even-numbered rooms generally face Hollis Street,. used by containe...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
jodysampsonRDM, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hi Bonifacius,

Thank you for taking the time to write this very thorough review of the Four Points Sheraton and Halifax, your fellow travelers will find this very helpful with their trip planning.

We have just completed renovations to our guest rooms including, new beds, flooring, wall coverings, window coverings, updated washrooms, and new furniture. We are still currently in the process of moving our new furniture into the rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Halifax again in the near future!

All the best until then.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Travelling in Nova Scotia and needed a night in Halifax. Shereton came through with a beautiful room at a great price. Staff was very helpful and freindly. Location convenient. Close to waterfront and restaurants as well as shopping.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
jodysampsonRDM, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with on your recent stay. We were thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful time with us in our great city.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Halifax!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

It is was okay. Bit disappointing and pedestrian for a Sheraton. There was signs of wear on the chair. The power went out, the lift got stuck and I had to walk down 5 floors and through the parking garage to get to the front desk. From my experience this is a 3 star hotel. I even asked if I could stay and extra night when I got back at 2:00 am but the front desk could've tell if there was enough rooms available, so I left in the am.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank J B
jodysampsonRDM, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us in Halifax.

Power outages can be disruptive and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately most of the downtown area experienced the blackout this day and for safety reasons our elevators have to be grounded until the power is restored to the building.

We hope to have a second chance to show you what the Four Points Halifax really has to offer.