“Pork chops and service”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lower Water
Transit: Scotia Square and Waterfront transit stops are within walking distance.
Description: Enjoy a delicious meal in Halifax with family or friends, choose from our steak or go for the seafood at the only Bâton Rouge Steakhouse Bar & Grill within Nova Scotia.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We dined there Dec 11 2013 . I ordered the pork chops and ordered it well done when it arrived and I cut it was raw inside with blood dripping out of it. I was really hungry so I at the mashed potatoes. The waitress never cam back to check on our table there for I could not say anything. the Person bussing the table came and took our plates still no waitress. when we got the bill I told her about it she told me I should have told her there was a problem but I could not have done this as she never returned to the table. I was billed full price .
Also ladies bussing tables should not be wearing mini skirts shorter then their shirts . They got lots of looks and comments not sure it was positive thing if families were dining .

Rebekah M, Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Hello Jennifer,
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us at Baton Rouge. Please contact me at info@batonrougehalifax. It's important to us as a team to improve and I would be grateful to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Baton Rouge.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

On a recent visit here, my wife and I decided to eat lightly. She had a salad, which she said was not very tasty and kind of uninteresting. For my part, I decided to have two appetizers: potato soup and calamari. The soup was somewhat glutinous and, I thought, had little flavor. The calamari was inedible - rubbery and greasy, with a too-heavy coating of batter. With one glass of wine each, this set us back $80.00. Not a happy experience.

1  Thank TerryPearson
Rebekah M, General Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Terry,
I appreciate you taking the time to share you recent experience with us. I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy your evening with us. I would like to investiagate exactly how we fell short, and would be grateful if you could contact me at info@batonrougehaliafax.ca. Without customer feedback we can not hope to succeed.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We went to Baton Rouge in Halifax for lunch today. Our meal started off with a great soup, then we had the best ribs we've ever had in a restaurant. They were fall off the bone with an excellent BBQ sauce. This was served with French fries, which were also excellent. The service was very good, our waiter was very attentive to detail. It was well worth the drive from Shediac, NB for this meal.

1  Thank Danmic1
Rebekah M, General Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are luck to have great staff. Mike is a real gem! It makes our day when we get a great review like yours. Hope to see you back soon.
Thanks,
Rebekah

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was my second trip to this restaurant and it was not a disappointment. The service was great and our server Mike, provided great suggestions on food and wine. We did not have to wait long for our food and it was hot and tasted great. The staff interacted and it had a family feel. This restaurant is known for it's ribs and I had them on my first visit but this time chose a chicken dish and was equally pleased. Prices were reasonable.

1  Thank RAL102
Reviewed October 10, 2013

What do you get for the guy who has everything? A great meal of course! My wife and I treated our oldest and his significant other to dinner at Baton Rouge (the chains latest location) in Halifax and we were impressed with the quality, quantity and speedy delivery of the food and beverages to our table.

We started with some of the best Margarita's we've had anywhere and then plowed through copious amounts of Jumbo Tiger Shrimp, Cajun Spiced Calamari and 4 Cheese Spinach Dip appetizers. The shrimp were luscious and firm, the Calamari tender with just the right blend of spice and the Spinach dip hot and creamy.

For Entree's we had a variety of the their offerings - The signature Rack of Ribs - tender, juicy fall off the bone with a tangy, bold BBQ sauce served with crisp coleslaw. The Rib / Chicken combo - the same great ribs with a Breast of Chicken cooked to perfection. The Filet Mignon - grilled to taste with a spicy peppercorn sauce on the side to heat things up. Finally the Seafood Linguine - pasta cooked al dente with a creamy seafood sauce and succulent scallops and shrimp. The waiter made sure that the wine pairings (including several local wines) matched perfectly.

The downside was we were unable to consume all that was served so when they came with the complimentary birthday cake we were hardly able to finish that with 4 forks. Luckily it all traveled well and made for a wonderful lunch the next day.

Parking is always a challenge in downtown Halifax, so Baton Rouge has an arrangement where they validate parking at Purdy's Wharf - about a block away - just a pleasant stroll to help settle what was a wonderful dining experience!

1  Thank Edgeinfo
Rebekah M, Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your evening with us. I can't wait to share your great review with our team. Thanks again, and hurry back!
Cheers,