“Nice Atmosphere and good food!”
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
Ranked #18 of 742 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lower Water
Transit: Scotia Square and Waterfront transit stops are within walking distance.
Description: Baton Rouge Halifax is located in the heart of Historic Downtown Halifax.Specializing in fall-off-the-bone Back Ribs,Reserve AAA steaks and daily fresh local seafood.Immerse yourself in a combination of rich history and delicious food, tied together by maritime hospitality that is second to none and remembered by all
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was my first visit and was not disappointed! The server was attentive and friendly. The ribs were terrific! There should have been a vegetable included with the ribs and potatoes in my opinion. Healthier and more color would have been a good addition. Prices were affordable as well.

Shannon J, General Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hi LoriK555428,

Thank you for commenting on your recent experience at our restaurant and we are happy to hear you had a good time! We can't promise we'll be able to make a change with our "sides options" but we'll certainly look into it!

See you again soon,

There are newer reviews for Baton Rouge

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is my favorite place to eat :-) The ribs are amazing and so is the Delta Calamari. The prices are reasonable. Must check out the washrooms.....my 4 year old says she has to check them out every time even if she doesnt need to go. She says they are sooooo fancy...lol

Shannon J, General Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Hi LCWalsh,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our restaurant! Our ribs are definitely amazing...and we like our washrooms too :-)

See you again soon,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good downtown location in Halifax opposite the water front. The food is good and the service is good. The menu choices are good and the prices are fairly reasonable. There were a few staff Christmas parties happening while we were there, so it was a bit noisy. The overall atmosphere is quite nice. We will go back again!

Hi nwaynesworld,

Thank you for commenting on your experience at our restaurant. We are happy to hear you had a good time and that we'll see you again...we're looking forward to it!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Decided to give this Restaurant a try sense we were in the area. And I must say, it did not disappoint. We did not have a reservation, but the very kind Hosts looked around and found us a spot to seat and eat. I didn't much care for the seating sense felt like we were in the middle of the room, but that's just me. Would have preferred a booth, but like i wrote before I did not have a reservation. But this did not make us unhappy with anything here! The food was beyond excellent! along with the Waitress we had was remarkable! She was very knowledgeable about the Menu, and giving us options sense we have never ate there before. She really made us feel welcomed! You never had to ask for anything here, they were right on the ball! When taking our order, I noticed the girl did not write our order down, this made me feel a little worried, hoping nothing would be messed up with our order, and it wasn't! It was perfect! this tells me she has a great work ethic and takes her job seriously . We never once had to ask for refills, she gave us refills once she seen that our glasses were empty. And make sure everything was fine with our meal a few times. (asking if the meal is ok, over and over again get annoying) But she only asked about 3 times. Which I personally found great! When it came to dessert we could not decide to she gave us a few more minutes then when she came back and we still couldn't decide she tried her best to help us decide with asking questions like, are you a chocolate lover? do you like really sweet desserts? or something not so sweet. I will recommend this place to anyone I know that's going down that way!

Shannon J, General Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for the great comments regarding your first visit to our restaurant! We are so pleased you had a great time and have passed along your kind words to our staff. We really do love what we do!

Hope to see you again the next time you are in town,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Spinach dip was Amazinggg!!! I wanted to eat everything on the menu! You definitely get what you pay for!

Shannon J, General Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Hi Courtney J,

Thank you for commenting on your recent experience at our restaurant. We consider our Spinach Dip to be a "destination dish" and it is only made by our Executive Chef! We do look forward to seeing you again soon.