“Best Greek Food in the Maritimes”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ela! Greek Taverna

ela! Greek Taverna
Ranked #71 of 711 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Brunswick, Canada
“Best Greek Food in the Maritimes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went to Ela for my boyfriend's birthday and we were very impressed.

We shared a platter of Greek food, which is a very neat option. It seemed very authentic to us and was delicious.

The service was excellent and we never felt rushed. (We were completely done the appetizer before being served our mains, etc.) They dealt with our reservation well and had a lovely table reserved for us.

The atmosphere was unique and lovely. We felt like we were sitting outside under a tree in Greece enjoying a candlelit meal. Very romantic!

And the price was really impressive. We are used to spending a lot more than $100 for a fancy birthday meal with three courses. (We did share apps and dessert but we also had beer.)

Even for those who aren't huge Greek food lovers, there seem to be lots of other options on the menu.

If you are staying in the Bayer's Lake area (or live there), this is a cheap cab ride away and will give you a real night out.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank CndnFlagOnBckpck

Cape Breton Island, Canada
“First Time For Greek Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have not eaten Greek food before but the restaurant was close to the hotel so I gave it a try, Very good, food, I had fish and it was very tasty. The décor is very nice as well. I would definitely eat here again

Visited September 2013
“Not very good, diasappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Arrived on Aug 27 around 130 PM, it was not very busy yet we had to wait for 5 minutes just to be seated. There were 2 maybe 3 wait staff on duty.

Took forever for them to take our order, I had the Lamb Pita Souvlaki and side Greek Salad, my guest had a horrible rubbery pizza.
My souvlaki was served warm, on a cold pita, my salad had tons of cucumber in it, and a whole 2 black olives, and a tiny bit of cheese.

This place is lost, horrible service, lost not interested wait staff..

Stay away !!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dee B
Montreal, Canada
“Yummy food in a convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

It doesn't look like much on the outside, but parking is easy, and the décor inside is quite nice. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. We were very pleased with our food. To begin, we shared the dip trio. It was tasty and the portions were generous. For mains, we kept it simple, with two of us ordering mussels and octopus, both from the appetizer menu, and then the third person in our party having the chicken brochette. Everything was delicious and nicely presented. We'd definitely go back on our next visit to Halifax.

• Visited August 2013
“Not Bad, But Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The service was very good and the staff were friendly. The food was average and a little bland, but it wasn't bad.

I had the chicken skewers. The chicken just didn't have the flavor I'm accustomed to with Greek food. The salad was mostly green peppers.

I hate to sound so negative as the food wasn't bad, but it wasn't very good.

Visited August 2013