“Unique way to see the area!”
Review of Bluenose Sidecar Tours - CLOSED

Bluenose Sidecar Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Watch heads turn while you take in the sights on a Bluenose Sidecar Tours tour! Feel the breeze and smell the salt air. Hear the cry of the gulls overhead. Get a personalized tour of our little corner of the world as you see Nova Scotia sideways! Two URAL sidecar rigs, driven by experienced guides, allow groups of up to four individuals to tour Halifax, visit Peggys Cove, Lunenburg or customize their experience.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

LOVED this trip! Vicki and Kevin turned us into biker chicks! (Well, not really...) It was so fun to be able to have a personal tour of Peggy's Cove from the sidecar, where we could experience everything so up close....the views were outstanding. Also to be "outside" made it so much better than being in a car or bus. I was concerned about getting in and out of the sidecars, but it was a piece of cake really! The helmets have speakers and mics, so they gave us commentary all along the route in between stops. Interesting stories about Peggy';s Cove and the Halifax area. They also answered any questions we had along the way. They planned many stops into the trip, and even a lunch stop at a local seafood place. We really enjoyed our tour, but also enjoyed getting to spend time talking with Vicki and Kevin. HIGHLY recommend this trip. (They will also do other tours, depending on your interests)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked Bluenose for a tour in Halifax on June 27, 2013. Vicki and Kevin were waiting for us as we disembarked our Holland America ship at the pier. They were all set with their beautiful rigs and our helmets with microphones for our tour. They could not have given a better, more interesting tour! We learned a lot on our customized tour through the city as well as the beautiful ride out to Peggy's Cove. We stopped at a maple products store, which was chockful of samples of many delicious taste treats, an author's house where we were regaled with many fun anecdotes and given a tour of the historic family home, and viewed not only his writings but also his excellent photos and paintings too. The drive along the shore to the cove was lovely and we truly enjoyed the entire trip, which Vicki planned, at our request. Vicki and Kevin could not have been nicer or more accommodating. We loved it! Thank you, Vicki and Kevin!

1  Thank pkni
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We took a 2 hour tour with Vicki and had a wonderful time. She was extremely knowledgeable about the area and took us to the local highlights. Riding in the sidecar was definitely a unique way to see the city. Part way through the trip we stopped and my friend and I changed places so I could ride on the back of the motorcycle. What a lot of fun! We drove to see the Titanic Gravesite, Citadel, The Common, Public Garden and along the seacoast. Definitely worth the money and it was a great way to see Halifax. Would love to do it again!!!!!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

With a sense of adventure and beautiful sunny morning Vicki and I set off for our trip to Lunenberg. Two girls hitting the open road in search of scenic coastal vistas. Vicki's talent for storytelling was immediately apparent and I just sat back and enjoyed the ride. Her knowledge of Nova Scotia/Halifax history and folklore was amazing and gave me the feeling that I was getting “the inside scoop” that most visitors would never get to know. She always made sure I was comfortable in the sidecar and I have to say there really was no better way to make the trip than feeling the breeze on my face and being able to enjoy the smell of hardwood factory as we passed by.

Definitely one of the highlights of my trip and worth every penny!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Coming into Halifax for one day as a cruise stop, my mom and I took a tour to Peggy's Cove with Vicki and Kevin on October 17th and it was a spectacular 6 hrs. I cannot say enough good things about this tour. We saw fall foliage that was unbelievable and enjoyed every stop. We'd asked for a scenic tour so spent most of our time outside Halifax however got to see quite a few in-town sights on the way back to the ship. Next time I'd love to do an in-town tour with them.

Vicki and Kevin are so nice and very knowledgeable and really made it a fun and interesting tour. We had many stops outside the "tour bus zone" and met great people. It is well worth the price and the great thing is they had extra jackets and blankets along to ensure we were snug in our sidecars. My mom (who is 78) had no problems with riding in the sidecar and enjoyed her firsthand view of the sights. If we find ourselves back in Halifax we'll be sure to book another tour.

Suggestion: wear a few layers of clothes and wear something to keep your neck warm, like a turtleneck or scarf. The air in the fall can be cool during the ride.

Amazing tour! Book it, don't even think twice.