“Best place to stay in Halifax”

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and was very impressed with the staff I found them very helpful and understanding. The room was clean and neat the atmosphere was relaxing. Had all the convenience of home. I love the location it is handy to restaurant, shopping and coffee shops. My overall experience was very satisfied. I would stay here again anytime and recommend it highly.

Sincerely
Chris and my husband Paul

Room Tip: 1st floor handy to pool and workout and the restaurant
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Christina G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Make no mistake this is a good property, but there are many like it out there. This is a good value property. Parking and internet, breakfast are all included in the reasonable room rates. Clean rooms and at times overly friendly staff ( for my tastes). But the attached restaurant is a disaster, avoid at all cost and do not order room service from them. Order from a near by delivery place. As well the pool was supposed to be open until 11 but staff would lock it early, sometimes more than an hour early, so if you are a night swimmer, you will need to know to check first. Okay but I doubt this is the best of Halifax.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank bluesonwhyte
Stephanie G, Owner at Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.
I must admit that I am surprised regarding the pool closure during your stay. I wish you had mentioned it while staying with us, as it is the first time I have heard about it being locked before the designated time. Due to the fact that the pool is in such close proximity to the front desk, I am certain if you found the door locked and notified our front desk agent they would have opened it up immediately. Nevertheless, designated times are to be strictly followed and we will make sure of that.
I am sorry to hear that your experience with our on-site restaurant was a negative one. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly and describe to me in detail what the issue was, so we can look into improving in the future.

Kind Regards,
Stephanie Giannoulis
Owner/General Manager

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Price – $102 online; $128 offline
Cleanliness - excellent.
Quietness - not the best when the snow is being removed.
Comfort - excellent.
Location - removed; driving needed for most situations.
Parking – plenty but tricky when there's snow. Removal was late (after 10am) one day so cars couldn't get out, or in without sliding. Removal early another day (before 7am) . . . causing loss of sleep.
Friendliness - good.
Classiness – ok.
Room Size – excellent.
Room included - tv; coffee making; bath/shower.
Facilities included – great swimming pool.
Breakfast - nice buffet; a bit crowded.
Nice touch – free wifi.
What’s needed – sort out the snow removal.
The online price was fine, but hitting around $130 off season . . . would try to aim for somewhere nearer the centre of Halifax.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel.

As you recall, we had a long and difficult winter. Snow removal has its challenges, especially in a full parking lot. Our crew was working non-stop, but at times mother nature made it so difficult to be exactly on schedule. I assure you, during the winter months, priority is given to a clear and safe parking lot.

Let's hope that we have a milder winter this year!

All the best!

Kind Regards,

Stephanie Giannoulis
Owner/General Manager

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Another great stay at the Comfort Hotel Bayers Lake, as always you know what you are going to get a good clean hotel with a great breakfast & exceptional service and a personal touch from Nimfa and the team.
There's no other place for us to stay when in Halifax see you again soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Comfort Hotel Halifax. We
were so pleased with the accommodations. Everyone was so helpful and
friendly. The environment was clean and well maintained. It far
exceeded what we were expecting.
Maria, one of the front desk attendants, went above and beyond with her guidance and
suggestions for our stay in Halifax. She was always smiling and pleasant to approach.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Little hard for us to find. Glad we did! Clean and comfortable. King bed was really comfortable. Great nights sleep for the long journey back to ontario. Hot breakfast with meat was an added bonus and included in the reasonable price for the room.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Staff is excellent! Hotel is very clean. Rooms and bathrooms are very spacious. Close to a great shopping area and near great restaurants. Great value for the price! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014