“Best In Class in The Maritimes”

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Charlottetown, Canada
“Best In Class in The Maritimes”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Spending in excess of 100 nights per yr in hotel rooms on Business, its always a pleasure to return time after time to this great facility. The staff are truly amazing, the Rooms are by far
the best of any in eastern Canada in both size and quality. If you want this quality else ware in the area it is available for an additional $100- $150 per night.

True value, Quality and service in one stop.

RH Mayne

Room Tip: Jr Suites are a great up grade!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rnady M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Pictou, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2014

After a rough landing with Air Transat and not being able to find accommodation at any hotel very close to the airport we decided to go to Comfort Bayer's Lake. The best choice ever! First, we were exhausted and they let us go in the room @ 8 a.m. Very kind staff - service with a big smile, everything spotless, comfortable beds, pillows, comforters - like home! Sometime in the evening they called the room to ask if we need anything, if everything it's OK...Hospitality business at its best!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Delia I
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I have stayed in many hotels over the years, and I have to say that I have yet to encounter and more friendly, helpful, and welcoming staff than at this hotel. The desk staff and in particular, the Assistant Manager, Mrs. Bautista, went above and beyond themselves to make our weekend getaway more enjoyable. Above that, the quality of the hotel itself, the rooms, the restaurant food and staff, right down to the most comfortable beds and fine linens, made our time there exceptionally enjoyable. I cannot recommend this hotel and their staff highly enough, or I wouldn't be taking the time to write this review. WELL DONE AND THANK YOU, WE WILL BE BACK AGAIN...

Room Tip: Cannot think of one thing to improve...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzy-Bakebeans
Reviewed March 27, 2014

love staying at the comfort hotel in bayers lake friendly staff jessica, nimfa, erin, elizabeth always a kind smile and a loving heart . keep up the good work girls!!!!! jessica your hospitality is outstanding!!! lisa and owen saulnier

• Stayed March 2014
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2014

A friend and I stayed at this Hotel on March 21, 2014. Our experience from start to finish was beyond our expectations.
We were told this Hotel was new (just about 3 years old). Our room was HUGE and very clean with high ceilings, two queen beds, closet and beautiful new bathroom with a rain showerhead. The reception staff were OUTSTANDING. They made us felt like we were friends from the very minute we walked through the doors. The next morning the large selection of hot buffet items were delicious, fresh and hot. I was putting scrambled eggs on my plate when a small woman beside me said, "good morning darling, how are you this morning". I looked over and saw that she was looking at me! I said "great thanks, and you?" She was the Manager and while she was filling the sausage chafer, she said if I needed anything to let her know. I then noticed my friend was grabbing a coffee with plate in hand when this same Manager asked her how many were in her party. She said two, the Manager gestured to a "two seat" table and said we would be perfect right there, took my friend's plate of food and placed it on the table to save our place because the seating was limited and there were many people in the dining room.
The location is wonderful. Less than 5 minutes from the Bayers Lake shopping area and just 10-15 minutes from Halifax.
Our whole experience was perfect and I'd recommend this Hotel to anyone!
Thank you to the girls at the front desk and thank you to the Manager for the wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the only room on the main floor with the two queen beds. It was straight across from th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Due to a family emergency we stayed at this Comfort Inn for three weeks in March. Our room was very comfortable and clean and the housekeeping staff were extremely accommodating with our daily schedule and providing any extras we needed to make our long stay more comfortable. A special thank you to Jason who was always smiling and arrived at our room in record time if we needed anything. The bathroom was spotless with up-to-date fixtures and counter-top.
The breakfast room was extremely inviting and the food selection was great. Scrambled eggs and delicious home fries as well as sausages and peameal bacon, pancakes and a waffle machine. Fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast and various pastries were also always available. The only thing missing for me was granola. Joe and all the breakfast room staff worked very hard to keep all the stations filled and remained cheerful even when they were rushed off their feet at weekends.
Special thanks to Nimfa and Stephanie for their help in making the arrangements and making sure we were comfortable and also all of the front desk staff who always greeted us with a smile and hello when we came in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My girls and I stayed here for March Break and we had the best experience ever! The staff were absolutely wonderful and treated us with the utmost of respect. Every morning the GM was in the breakfast room making sure our night was okay and she talked to my girls asking them what they had planned for that day. The GM spoke with each and every person in that breakfast room. The staff working in the breakfast room made sure all the hot breakfast items were fresh and warm for everyone. The staff at the front desk were great (and funny if I might add!). They made sure we knew that we had movies available to watch if we wanted them(complimentary).
Last but not least, although I could go on, when you check in, each person checking in gets a free beverage at the restaurant in the hotel, which is great too, and a 10% discount on a meal in there as well! We had a fabulous stay! Will definitely go back!!

• Stayed March 2014