“Perfect choice!”

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for our first 3 nights in Nova Scotia, and I must say that our stay lived up to our hopes - and more. We decided to stay here based on comments from fellow "trip advisors", even though we had some hesitation with its location. Not to worry; it is so convenient to many things and only a short drive into the city. All of the employees were super helpful and pleasant, and each morning the owner/manager visited with us at breakfast - seeking feedback and asking if we needed anything! There is a laundry room available for guests; the rooms were very clean and roomy; parking was free and easy; and the breakfast was very good. The employees knew the ingredients in most of the foods, which really helped me since I have food allergies - and there was plenty to eat even with my restrictions. Would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We would like to thank the Comfort Hotel of once again making our stay fantastic! We celebrated our anniversary there and as usual the staff go beyond any expectations. Our room was very clean and extra items were added for us. The staff are not only friendly to regulars they are to everyone that walk through the doors. Our thanks go to all staff but especially to Nimpha and Jessica this time.
No wonder with the staff and cleanliness and comfort of this hotel it has been placed as the Number 1 Hotel in Canada!!!! Congratulations everyone at the Bayers Lake location.! Well deserved for sure!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Based on Tripadvisor ratings, we stayed at this property for 5 nights and were sorry to leave when we were done. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. The hot breakfast available was very good and much appreciated to keep us going as we explored the area. The room was nicely laid out, very comfortable and very clean. The attached restaurant was quite convenient and we did have our evening meal there on a couple of occasions. The location was perfect for exploring Halifax and surrounding area. Thanks to Nimfa and all of the staff at Comfort Hotel, Bayer's Lake for a great stay. We echo what others have said: Best hotel of our entire trip.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

What can I say.... easy to find, free parking, friendly staff who care, an easy stay.
A cot was provided for us.
Big rooms, a nice pool, gym and located a short drive from Halifax.
We will be sure to stay here again when we return.
Food next door was good too (hotel provided coupon for a discount and free drink)
Thank you.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dan_H_10
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the Trip Advisor Ratings and Reviews. I was not disappointed!

A friend and I were going to Halifax area for 1 night we were going to to a bit of site seeing and shopping. I was responsible for booking the hotel. As usual I went to tripadvsor to see the reviews.

I had not previously stayed at this hotel before so I was interested to see how it lived up to its rating.

We arrived, the Front desk was friendly and efficient, lots of smiles and helpful advice.
The Front lobby is sylish and has ample space to move around - There could be 10 people waiting to check in and it would not be crowded at the front desk.

When we checked in we rec'd 2 free drink coupons for the bar + a 10% off coupon for the Restaurant.

The room itself was spacious we had 2 queen sized beds a great sized TV, a little table with a couple of chairs, a Fridge, microwave and coffee maker (tea and coffee also). The bathroom was spacious the Tub was deep. The room was stylish and SPOTLESS.

The hotel is in the more Industrial part of Bayers Lake - however Shopping is Just a Street or 2 over 1.4 km. + you are easily accessible to Peggys cove, St Margerts bay, each just 20 - 30 minutes away, Down town halifax is aprox 10 minutes. It is really a great location if you want to do shopping and site seeing.

Breakfast is included with your stay. We were Late getting up so we got to the Breakfast area around 10:15, It was packed, no seats to be had, however we had hardly darkened the door when a lovely member of the staff "Nimfa" came up to us to let us know that we She had set up a room just around the corner, we could get our breakfast and go to that room and there would be a table waiting for us... This was a pleasant surprise, we expected to have to simply wait until someone was done, But the hotel made sure there were seats for everyone even if they were not in the main room. By the time my friend and I picked up our breakfast there was a table free in the main room so we sat down. The Breakfast is a Continental Breakfast with both hot and cold offerings. Scrambled eggs, sausage, potato wedges/hash browned, waffles, toast, bagels, muffins, oatmeal, fresh fruit, fruit juices, coffees, etc.
It was a very good breakfast. While eating Our Breakfast Nimfa came around to each table to make sure there the guests had what they needed - truly a personal touch.

Upon check out I always make sure that there are not unexpected charges on my account. Nimfa was at the checkout desk and noted that I had booked thru expedia - she let me know that next time I should contact the hotel directly to compare prices to make sure that I was getting the best price, and she wished us a safe trip and hoped to see us again.

2 Things are very important to me as a traveler - Cleanliness and Service.

This hotel has it in Spades.

So here are all the pluses of the Hotel.
Good Size Room
Clean
Comfortable
Friendly Helpful Staff - this was my first visit and I was treated like an old friend that they wanted to see again.
Very good Breakfast
Coupon for the restaurant
Free Drink of choice
Good location for shopping & traveling about.
Free wifi
Free parking (you won't get that downtown) - and parking is very close to the hotel, no walking a block from where you park your car
Stylish
Clean

We will Definitely stay again, looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2013

You cannot ask for a better hotel. From Tiffany at check-in to East Coast hospitality of the Assistant Manager Nimfa, this hotel is top notch. There's a reason this hotel gets such a high rating on TripAdvisor. The hotel is super clean, staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and the amenities are first class. We stayed for 3 nights - breakfast was always hot and fresh and great variety. Eggs, pancakes, sausages, cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, fresh cut fruit, yogurt, and great coffee. Nimfa is a great ambassador not only for the hotel, but for Nova Scotia. She was at breakfast every morning and could be counted on to provide great tips on things to see and do. She touched every table and really got to know her guests. The hotel location is extremely convenient - 10 minutes to downtown waterfront and 30 minutes to Peggy's Cove. We will definitely be back to the East Coast and know we will be staying here. If I could find one complaint, it would be that the pool was a little too warm. Everything was excellent.

Room Tip: We had a room right next to the elevator and never heard a sound.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We vacationed in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and New Brunswick. This hotel was the best of all, quiet, large room, very clean, large HDTV, lots of space for luggage, excellent king bed, free parking. We stayed there at the beginning of our trip for two nights and again at the end for one night before flying home, about 18 miles from the airport. Tiffany is the manager of the Operations Staff and checked us in both times. She was exceptionally friendly and helpful, as was the entire staff. We started out with Peggy's Cove, Mahone Bay, and Lunenburg, which is about 20 miles from the hotel. The complimentary large, hot breakfast has many options. This would be our hotel of choice, hands down, in Halifax!