“Romantic Getaway”

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our 15 Wedding Anniversary, so I decided to surprise him. I found the details of the "Romantic Getaway Package" on the website and decided to book it. We recevied the Deluxe Suite with in room Jacuzzi and had an in room 4 course meal with our own personal server (Jordan). The chocolates and champagne that we received upon arrival were outstanding and the service was great. The staff (Nimfa and Jessica) went out of their way to make sure that everything was perfect for our special getaway.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful hotel for an early christmas with my 4 Grandchildren ranging in age from 16 -6. The hotel was so clean and quiet and the beds were very comfortable.
We had booked a King suite with an adjoining room with 2 Queen beds .There was plenty of room for everyone and the kids could watch the free movies we signed out at the front desk from Josee who was very pleasant and helpful.
We were checked in by Nimfa Asst general manager who was helping at front desk,very helpful and pleasant.
This hotel has the most pleasant staff we have ever encountered.The buffet breakfast enjoyed by all was delicious and a cut above the usual breakast offerings.
The pool was a hit with the grandkids and the vote to return for our annual early Christmas was unanimous.
We enjoyed it so much we cancelled our reservations at another hotel and will be returning on the 23rd -26th Dec. all in all a very positive experience. HIGHLY RECCOMMEND!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Condoqueen
Reviewed December 16, 2012

In town for shopping. Stayed two nights. Excellent front desk service for check in and check out. Staff did a great job of making sure the free hot breakfast buffet was a great experience. Everything in the hotel, from the lobby to the rooms, was bright and clean. The bed was comfortable, the room quiet, and I had a great sleep. I look forward to staying there again on my next visit to Halifax. Also, I look forward to seeing the cheerful staff once again. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit the Halifax area.

Room Tip: Had a great room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012

In town for a concert, stayed the night. Excellent front desk service (Josie), with explanations of all services available, and follow up to confirm everything satisfactory. On duty again in the morning - same cheerful greeting and checkout. Enjoyed a drink in the relaxed atmosphere of the bar after the concert.
Very relaxing.
Karen C

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here with my husband on a business trip for two nights. My very first impression was when I called the hotel direct to check what time the free hot breakfast was served. The front desk clerk was so nice I felt like I couldn't wait to get there. On arrival we walked into a very clean, nicely decorated lobby and again, very friendly front desk staff. I had a feeling it was going to be a very pleasant stay and it was. The room was nice, the bed comfortable, etc.
The breakfast was enjoyable. During breakfast, the manager personally spoke to as many guests as she could. Oh and I almost forgot (how could I?!) that as soon as we checked in we were presented with a 10% coupon for the Canadiana Restaurant and Lounge and a coupon for two free drinks. Now how is that for a warm welcome. We also received a 10% coupon for all our meals at this restaurant and another coupon for the next night for two free drinks. We enjoyed the menu at this restaurant as I love Greek food and they had some Greek items on the menu!
Thank you to the staff of the hotel for their lovely service.
PS...Because I had time to kill I did a lot of shopping at the Bayer's Lake shopping area. Great place to stay for shopping.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have stayed here a few times and would highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Halifax for a visit. Always receive a warm welcome at the reception and one lady from the Phillipines (sorry we did not get your name) even remembered us from a previous visit. Josee - also left a lovely note and treat in our room as a token of their appreciation for our return visit. Very nice touch. Our room has been spotless and quiet each time we visit. Each room has a coffee maker, microwave and small fridge with complimentary water which was nice to see as most hotels charge for a bottle of water these days. In the morning, a delicious continental breakfast with lots of variety is available and if the manager is present she will even stop by your table to chat with you. We have not had the opportunity to use the pool or the free movies but would recommend both as a good source of entertainment, if you do not wish to visit the attached lounge or restaurant. We were even provided with vouchers to use in the lounge and restaurant. This is the place to stay while in Halifax, close to shopping and the highway. We will definitely be back and have recommended this hotel to our friends.
Pam from N.B.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2012

In Halifax for a medical appointment, so only stayed one night. Our room was clean, quiet and well appointed. Staff very friendly and helpful. Delicious hot breakfast, with a great variety. This is the place to stay in Halifax. We definitely be back!!

Barry C