“spacious rooms”

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with how large our room was. We had two queen beds (2 adults and 2 childrens) and there was more than enough room that we weren't tripping over our bags or each other. The rooms were very clean as was the rest of the hotel. We stayed here for 3 nights and wouldn't hesitate staying here again if the chance came up.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The experience of staying in this hotel for 4 days was lovely, as was the personalized service to make our stay pleasant. The location is great but not central to Halifax, best if travelling towards Peggy's Cove, Queensland Beach, Bayswater Beach or towards the southwest shoreline. What I found most pleasant were the super clean rooms, newer decor, the quiet, and breakfast room with plenty of choices and the staff checking in to make sure everything was great showed a hotel with a lot of caring about their guests.

An additonal plus is that the assistant manager went out of her way to make the stay even more personalized and accomodating. My only complaint is that others' lack of awareness that other people might be sleeping at 11:00 p.m. or in the wee hours of the morning and not being aware would talk loudy in the hallways or let their kids run down the hallways, but thats a people problem, not the hotels. Distance to everything was good, downtown in 15 minutes, or towards Bedford. A nice surprise were the stores just at the next exit for everything else the hotel did not
provide. No comfort was lacking, including the indoor pool and fitness room which was just great enough to get in that holiday workout ! I would definitely stay here again !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel and my first for pleasure reasons. As for my first stay, this was a great stay, staff is always beyond exceptional. This is the number one rated hotel in the Halifax area and there are good reasons for it. Rooms are well decorated, very large, very comfortable bed. Great location for shopping, a little far from downtown for meetings if you are visiting for business reasons but overall great stay. We opted out for the king suite this time and I was pleasantly suprised with the size of the room, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody going through Halifax.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great comfortable rooms and beds, highly recomended
Location is good to visit both the city and Peggy's Cove.
Breakfast was good, and rooms were well equipped"
...........?..."..............."....".....................

Room Tip: Any room is fine
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Hotel is clean and spacious. Free movies in the lobby, free parking, free internet, super friendly staff. We got a king suite and it was huge! Q-tips in the bathroom which I love, I stay here on a personal trip but would definitely come back for business. Bayer's Lake is a great location for someone not comfortable driving in the city, there is a Superstore, Wal-Mart, Empire Theatres, and various other little shops very close by. We didn't get a chance to use the pool and fitness room but we did go have a look. The fitness room had only a few pieces of equipment but had everything you need for a quick workout on the road. There is also a nice pool, sauna, and hot tub. All and all, deserving of the #1 spot. Over slept and missed the breakfast buffet haha but I heard it was nice.

1  Thank VanRy
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was a clean hotel. Special? Not really. Just a basically decent hotel that is fresher than most. Front desk lady really turned on the charm when I told her that I often write tripadvisor reviews. My husband and I both giggled about her newly found personality and enthusiasm at the mere mention of a possible review! Breakfast.. Adequate.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Having travelled extensively and having stayed at mid range and luxury hotels, I can say that this 73 room hotel is a little haven in a quaint city on the Atlantic. As a frequent traveller I demand service, cleanliness, value for the money I'm paying and comfort. In this hotel you can find all this and well beyond any expectations. You are greeted with a genuine smile and the staff truly care about your stay. Rooms are spotless...modern, fresh and so inviting after a long day. The staff implement a very strict no noise policy after 10pm. They take care of any disturbance immediately. If you are not pleased with the location of your room they will do their best to find you another one. Breakfast is the best I have had-fresh cut home fries, delicious pancakes, aromatic waffles, fresh eggs,yogurts, cereals, sausages, pastries, variety of breads etc.
The onsite restaurant is pleasant with homestyle traditional maritime cuisine. Extremely friendly staff. Quite entertaining as well. Made us laugh on several occasions.
The pool is sparkling clean! Don't forget to order room service-a bottle of chilled canadian wine with a free movie you select from the front desk. I can go on and on. Definitely our home when we visit Halifax again!!!

1  Thank Mandy C