“Stop searching, stay there ;-)”

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This hotel is new from march 2011. For the price, you also get many extras, a large pool, sauna, exercise room, free breakfast, free movies, many restaurants just aside. I was there with my familly of 4 to visit Halifax and area. A great stay. The hotel is very quiet at night too.

They have a restaurant and a lounge in the same building. The restaurant was nice , the lounge had a band.

• Stayed: August 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,251)

Reviewed August 18, 2011

We booked for three nights at the Comfort Hotel but liked it so much we stayed for four nights.

Positives:
- Ridiculously great, accommodating and friendly service from all staff.
- Free breakfast exceeded our expectation.
- Everything in the hotel was new and modern.
- Large swimming pool and reasonable gym.
- Is close to all amenities like Costco, Superstore, shopping malls, restaurants. Note that this hotel is about 10 minutes from downtown Halifax.
- Free movies.

Negatives:
- Walls are thin.

We thoroughly enjoyed this new hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed at Comfort Hotel during our Halifax visit this July. And this hotel surprised me in many ways. It is not far from downtown Halifax (an easy 15min drive). Our room is spacious and very clean. It also includes a large flat screen TV and a blu-ray player. The buffet breakfast is delicious. But most importanly, the services we received at the front desk and in the dining area are excellent. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed their hand-written personalized welcome card as well.

If I ever travel back to Halifax, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor. The hotel's 4.5/5 rating impressed me very much. Upon our arrival at the hotel, Nimfa, staff member at the front desk, made a great first impression by being so friendly and hospitable. Further, she is a true asset to the hotel as she is always more than willing to share helpful tidbits about Halifax's attractions and restaurants. The hotel is very clean. The breakfast in the morning is chock-full of scrumptious selections such as make your own waffles, pancakes, eggs, sausage, yogurt, bagels, juice, cereal, teas, coffee, etc. The hotel's location is very accessible to the important highways that take you in and around the Halifax metro area. You can't go wrong to visit this hotel when needing a place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed August 1, 2011 for 2 nights and were very impressed with this new Hotel. Our room was very spacious, clean and the bed very comfortable. Loved the TV mounted on the wall. The continental breakfast offered a variety of both hot and cold foods - a step up from the usual bagels and muffins offered at other hotels. The front desk staff were competent and friendly and both our check-in and check-out was a breeze. Hotel location was perfect for visiting with family in Halifax. This hotel went the extra mile when the washer in the guest laundry facilities didn't work and delivered our freshly laundered clothes to our room. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I ever get the chance to be in Halifax again, we'll stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I was just finishing the Lighthouse Route and drove past this hotel, which is on the outskirts of Halifax. It looked nice from the outside, so I walked inside and asked about vacancies. They had a pretty decent walk-up rate available (around 100 CAD excl. tax, if I remember correctly). For that money, I got a pretty big room with a great bed, flatscreen TV, in-room safe, free bottled water and soft drinks, and in-room wi-fi. Breakfast (from the buffet) was also included, and it tasted great!

Also, the hotel has a swimming pool, which was nice to relax in after a long day's drive.

All in all, if I'm ever back in the Halifax area, I will certainly visit this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed one night before our flight home and were glad we did. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. This 4 month old hotel has everything and looks great - very clean comfortable rooms, large bathroom, hot breakfast buffet, blu-ray dvd player & 42" flat screen with a selection of free movies at the front desk. Our room was next to the elevator but we did not hear any noise as a result. Downtown is an easy 15 min away

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple