“Authentic Jamaican”

Add it.
Caribbean Twist
Cuisines: African, Caribbean, Jamaican
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Have you had Jamaican or island food from a roadside grill? Then you'll know what to expect. The
Novalea Drive location is really a take out as it only has a window bar with 4 stools. You aren't here for the ambiance however, that is back at the Shoe Shop. What you are here for is authentic food. Now it may be that all ingredients are not home made that is true as there is no pimento wood fire roasting chicken in an old steel barrel true. But the beautiful smiling faces of our hosts make up for it.

The flavors and quality are awesome. Thanks guys I needed some Jam to break this cold Nova Scotia. At times it's the weather and occasionally the culture, this province can be chilly.

1  Thank ComRef
There are newer reviews for Caribbean Twist

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We love the owner and staff!
Food is authentic and delish, just wish the entire menu was always available!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is *not* the place to impress your date, or celebrate an anniversary. Consider it a lunch cafe.

Plus:
*The food is authentic and very good.
*It's popular.

Minus:
*The service is mediocre and amateur (took a while to clean our table, meal arrived with only one set of cutlery - had to fetch a 2nd set myself from another table, the waiter didn't know what green tea was - suggested I go and check the boxes myself, the waiter actually hit on my guest while I was paying the bill !! and there was no bill - you just recite what you had to the cashier.)
*Looks kinda seedy - some partitions would work wonders, as would a lick of paint.

That said, the food _was_ good. If you can overlook the service (because the waiters sure as hell do), you'll enjoy a tasty lunch.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Come here at least 2 times a week for lunch, the staff is amazing the food is homemade and delicious, the general environment is just amazing get the patties or curry chicken

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had tried jerk chicken before at another restaurant in Fredericton and was very disappointed. I went to the one at the Discovery Center. Was this jerk chicken the prettiest meal I ever saw? Heck no, but it did have an authentic street food feel. I even ate some of the boiled cabbage and I hate cabbage. It was spicy without being overpowering, and the oxtail gravy on the rice was tasty. You do have to go in through the discovery center, but you do NOT have to pay admission. I would go back, i even considered taking some for the road but wasn't sure if my hotel had a fridge so I changed my mind. there were bones in the chicken but the meat just fell right off them, it was so tender.

2  Thank trinity1969