“Jamacian in Halifax”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
“Jamacian in Halifax”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

A taste of the Caribbean. The Twist favourite for me is the Ox tail - so yummy. The brave can go for the Jerk Chicken all accompanied by traditional rice and peas, or cabbage. Located in the Hydrostone Market it makes for a pleasant dining experience. They certainly aim to please.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Cindy J

DARTMOUTH
“Do the Caribbean Twist!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Amazing Food, great atmosphere. They aim to please and they succeed!

Visited April 2012
Halifax, Canada
“I hope the owners read this”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Okay...my second review. Here is my problem... i like Caribbean food.... and this is the only place in Halifax that serves it. The food is decent for Caribbean food.... so I enjoy it. However everything else about this restaurant is a disaster. The server is lost and slow, the owner or whomever shows up to take the order has no people skills, common sense or a pencil or notepad to take our order. The food takes forever to get to you even though it is all sitting on a hot table ten feat from us. The owner or whoever he is... he never greeted us properly, never told us his name etc... what a joke. We were ready to order when we came in and told them that.... nope... sit down wait... oops no pencil... oops no pad to write down order..... He couldn't believe we were drinking water with our meals and tried to upsell us to mango juice he freshly squeezed... less than an ounce sample...in an unclean shot glass.. then insulted us by saying we should at least have ordered mineral water. No follow up by the server... the room was not set up properly, location poor, no parking,... it just goes on.. then the lost guy could barely process the payment for the bill... just took forever. This place opened because someone with no restaurant experience, work ethic, passion, or competence thought he could do it.... I am embarassed that I returned to eat there.

• Visited March 2012
Halifax, Canada
“Decent Jamaican food in shoddy restaurant”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I don't even know if you can call this a restaurant....... It's like a corner store, cafe and hot table mated. Crappy tables in a run down old building. To order you go to cash register and try to get the attention of the workers who aren't interested. Then you get some decent food. The curry n roti is good. I found the portions small. It is the only real Caribbean option in Halifax though.

• Visited November 2011