“Good”

Rockbottom Brew Pub
Ranked #72 of 742 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian, Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rockbottom brewpub is Halifax's premier brewpub. Voted #1 brewpub by the Coast magazine in 2012 & 2013 we serve the best beer in Halifax. We have won Gold and Bronze medals at the All canadian brewing awards in 2012 & 2013 Hand crafted food and beer in a relaxed atmosphere with service that matches. We also have live entertainment Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Trivia Tuesdays, a fresh Firkin every Wednesday and all kinds of reasons to stop in.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Beers are better than food (we had burgers).
The overall quality is good.
It can be crowded, as far as we understand, late night when there are concerts of local bands.
Young clients.

There are newer reviews for Rockbottom Brew Pub

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Be sure to get the "sampler" for drinks so you can get a taste of all the beers the offer then decide which is your favorite. Drinks, shots, dinner under 45. Little bit of a walk from downtown Halifax but good to experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a very nice lunch here, which offered a very good selection of beers. I'm a little picky about my beer, and Rockbottom was a welcome stop on our travels through the Atlantic Provinces. The brown ale on draft was excellent, which good mouth-feel and substance. Coke is available for my wife. For lunch, she had the bacon-wrapped scallops which were very good. Sweet and tender, with a nicely cooked strip of bacon surrounding each one. I had the white wine and herb mussels which were also good, but could have been better with a little more broth. Atmosphere was interesting and our service was very good.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had never been to Rockbottom until today. And we won't be returning anytime soon.
We arrived at 4 p.m. only one other booth with 3 people in it besides us 2. Greeted by
a less then enthusiastic waitress, she definitely didn't care if we were there or not. We ordered
an appetizer of Potachos and a Turkey Avocado Burger to share. Our appetizer came 1/2 hour
after we ordered and our Turkey Burger came 1/2 hour after that. The Turkey Burger was tasteless
and missing some of the toppings such as bacon, & swiss cheese, and only a very small amount of avocado.
We asked for our bill paid it and left with the tasteless Turkey Burger still setting on the table.
The service was honestly our biggest complaint. Because if service is good you can usually overlook some of these other things. But, just the lack of friendliness and attention to detail leaves much to desire. I am not one that often will write a bad review, I think people often tend to look for bad instead of good but this is not the case here.

1  Thank vic486us
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I prefer Rock Bottom a hundred times over Your Father's Moustache (located upstairs) for several reasons. Firstly, I'm a beer guy, and this is a great beer place - the selection of bottles was excellent, many of which were unavailable at any liquor stores in the Maritimes. This is also Greg Nash (of Pump House fame)'s place, and the microbrews he creates here are superb. The below ground pub atmosphere was nice, the place is brighter than a lot of pubs of that style, so rather than feeling dingy it atually feels quite homey and relaxed. I shared a few apps here which were both much more satisfying than the food I later ate upstairs. Next time I plan to spend more time at Rockbottom.