“I have problems with this place”

Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History
Ranked #28 of 145 things to do in Halifax
More attraction details
Owner description: Here visitors can learn about eastern Canada's indigenous flowers, plants and wildlife.
Reviewed August 9, 2014

For the money, this place is lacking. There is no mention of the word "EVOLUTION" anywhere in any descriptions or presentations. There is no mention of ancestral species and certainly no mention of anything related to human evolution. It's like they think that the organisms on earth today are the only ones that have ever been here. I wonder if they avoid EVOLUTION because of complaints from people who think either that evolution doesn't happen or that humans are exempt from evolution. EVOLUTION through Natural Selection is only the single most important, most influential discovery in the history of the universe. A museum of natural history should embrace this and have displays and events and descriptions that educate us about evolution, including the evolution of us human apes. Unfortunately there are actually some people who believe that to view humans as animals is a bad and dangerous thing and I wonder if this museum is cowardly avoiding the issue so they don't offend people who think that God created all animals and that God made us special.

5  Thank HalanW

Reviewed August 8, 2014

The museum was a bit smaller than I was expecting it to be, but there was a lot of interesting things to see and look at, from live bees, to shark fetuses, to rocks and minerals, to places to learn about the history of the Earth. Staff were friendly, and there was a cool tortoise to see as well!!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Love it..spent a great time here with my griends..must see..Highly reccommended for the kids and teenagers as well.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My daughters and I visited today, the museum is very small but there is still a lot to see and do. We paid the small extra to visit the reptile house and my dUghter got to hold a budgie. There were also people with interactive displays and talked about what they were doing. We also enjoyed the sphere theatre. All in all a good mornings entertainment for a good price, I'd definately go again! It was nice to meet Gus too, he was a good highlight!

1  Thank FaithCapone
Reviewed July 6, 2014

General admission was free since it was Canada Day. This museum is fairly small but worth the trip. It had some small, live animals on the first level and some model creatures and information on the second floor.