“Pre concert munchies” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Foggy Goggle

Foggy Goggle
Ranked #47 of 710 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Whether you're looking for weekend brunch or late night eats, the Foggy Goggle has you covered! Located in the heart of Halifax's entertainment district The Goggle offers a relaxed atmosphere, fabulous food, and a dynamic staff eager to give you a memorable experience and keep you coming back for more. The menu features comfort food with attitude! They offer many vegan, vegetarian, and Gluten free options, as well as many locally sourced meat dishes. Serving handmade cocktails or your choice of 12 beers on tap, The Goggle has something for everyone.
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Pre concert munchies”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

A group of us decided to try this restaurant for some food and beverages before heading to the Metro Centre. Before I say anything about the food I must say the girl who waited on us was great and very out going. We had just some typical appetizers; nachos which was in a dip form with warm chips that was pretty good, the standard deep fried well I guess there it is baked pepperoni which really didn't seem to have much flavor and i was surprised since i think it was Brother's pepperoni and lastly chicken wings where we ordered the hottest they had. With the wings it was a nice touch to add some jalapenos to the sauce / bowl but hot never even came into the equation as one of the group only likes mild and didn't find them hot, i would not get the wings here again.

• Visited July 2013

Grants Pass, Oregon
“excellent service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Were on our way to performance at Metro Center and happened upon this wonderful little restaurant. Probably was the mention of vegan options that drew us in, but our group group includes vegetarians and carnivores! Told person seating us we were in little bit of hurry and they were very attentive to this. Had butternut squash soup, simply delicicous. One person had fish burger, another spinach dip appetizer and 3rd one of the brunch items, all were wonderful. They also had fresh ground pepper, a must for me.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Relaxed atmosphere with quality food for a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been here many times and it has to be my favorite restaurant on busy Argyle st. Many gluten free and vegetarian options and the kitchen is fryer free. Very relaxed with friendly and fun service. Mac n cheese is legend... Wait for it. I hope your not lactose intolerant because the next word is DAIRY!

Visited June 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Nice local bar, friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a nice snack meal here, I had pulled pork and my girlfriend had wings in a sweet apple BBQ sauce.

The pulled pork sandwich was very tasty, the wings were nice but not amazing the sauce was 'different' but worth a try.

The price is fairly expensive really for what you get, it was a long wait, but I get the feeling it's not fast food and they do put a bit of effort into their food / cooking etc.

It's a nice place for bar food.

I've been before and would come back again

• Visited May 2013
Fredericton, Canada
“May the odds be ever in your favor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited the Foggy Goggle on a cold Saturday night in March. We were in Halifax for a conference for my husband and we didn't go out until it was late because I wasn't feeling well and we ended up there because it was close to our hotel. The restaurant was busy but cozy and the perfect spot for a late dinner. The food was good and the foggy spuds were very good! The most notable part of our visit was the fantastic service. I wish I could remember our server's name. It was the night before St. Patrick's day and because my husband ordered a Guinness he got a ballot for a contest. When our server took the ballot she said, "May the odds be ever in your favor!" I chuckled and she said, "Oh, I'm glad you got the reference. That was such a great movie." I replied, "Movie? Don't tell me you didn't read the book." We had a fabulous conversation about books and she explained her theory about 'based on the novel' movies. She said she never reads the novel before she sees a movie unless she was already planning on reading it. There are too many good books out there that she wants to read to waste time reading an okay book when she could just see the movie. I like that explanation better than anyone I've ever heard AND it will make me remember my trip to the Foggy Goggle. She also recommended SHANTARAM by Gregory David Roberts and I plan to put that on my 'to read' list. We'll definitely visit again.

• Visited March 2013