“excellent service and food”
Review of Foggy Goggle

Foggy Goggle
Ranked #43 of 766 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether you're looking for weekend brunch or late night eats, the Foggy Goggle has you covered! The Goggle offers a relaxed atmosphere, fabulous food, and a dynamic staff eager to give you a memorable experience and keep you coming back for more. The menu features comfort food with attitude! They offer many vegan, vegetarian, and Gluten free options, as well as many locally sourced meat dishes. Serving handmade cocktails or your choice of 14 beers on tap, The Goggle has something for everyone.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Were on our way to performance at Metro Center and happened upon this wonderful little restaurant. Probably was the mention of vegan options that drew us in, but our group group includes vegetarians and carnivores! Told person seating us we were in little bit of hurry and they were very attentive to this. Had butternut squash soup, simply delicicous. One person had fish burger, another spinach dip appetizer and 3rd one of the brunch items, all were wonderful. They also had fresh ground pepper, a must for me.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been here many times and it has to be my favorite restaurant on busy Argyle st. Many gluten free and vegetarian options and the kitchen is fryer free. Very relaxed with friendly and fun service. Mac n cheese is legend... Wait for it. I hope your not lactose intolerant because the next word is DAIRY!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a nice snack meal here, I had pulled pork and my girlfriend had wings in a sweet apple BBQ sauce.

The pulled pork sandwich was very tasty, the wings were nice but not amazing the sauce was 'different' but worth a try.

The price is fairly expensive really for what you get, it was a long wait, but I get the feeling it's not fast food and they do put a bit of effort into their food / cooking etc.

It's a nice place for bar food.

I've been before and would come back again

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited the Foggy Goggle on a cold Saturday night in March. We were in Halifax for a conference for my husband and we didn't go out until it was late because I wasn't feeling well and we ended up there because it was close to our hotel. The restaurant was busy but cozy and the perfect spot for a late dinner. The food was good and the foggy spuds were very good! The most notable part of our visit was the fantastic service. I wish I could remember our server's name. It was the night before St. Patrick's day and because my husband ordered a Guinness he got a ballot for a contest. When our server took the ballot she said, "May the odds be ever in your favor!" I chuckled and she said, "Oh, I'm glad you got the reference. That was such a great movie." I replied, "Movie? Don't tell me you didn't read the book." We had a fabulous conversation about books and she explained her theory about 'based on the novel' movies. She said she never reads the novel before she sees a movie unless she was already planning on reading it. There are too many good books out there that she wants to read to waste time reading an okay book when she could just see the movie. I like that explanation better than anyone I've ever heard AND it will make me remember my trip to the Foggy Goggle. She also recommended SHANTARAM by Gregory David Roberts and I plan to put that on my 'to read' list. We'll definitely visit again.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I didn't eat at the Foggy Goggle, but was happy to experience a true happy hour - something that isn't offered in Ontario. Even though it doesn't look like much on the outside, it's worth walking through the door. The bar is lower than street level, but is bright and well lit. The staff and service was good; it wasn't great, but overall no complaints. Besides, where can you get 2 pints for less than $10?