“Incredible food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Foggy Goggle

Foggy Goggle
Ranked #40 of 711 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Whether you're looking for weekend brunch or late night eats, the Foggy Goggle has you covered! Located in the heart of Halifax's entertainment district The Goggle offers a relaxed atmosphere, fabulous food, and a dynamic staff eager to give you a memorable experience and keep you coming back for more. The menu features comfort food with attitude! They offer many vegan, vegetarian, and Gluten free options, as well as many locally sourced meat dishes. Serving handmade cocktails or your choice of 12 beers on tap, The Goggle has something for everyone.
Halifax, Canada
“Incredible food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

One of my favourite spots in Halifax, hands down. The food is locally sourced as much as possible, and the vast menu provides a place where my gluten free, vegan, and seafood/meat loving friends can all convene over a good meal.

The lobster mac is out of this world--decadent, rich, and delicious. The lobster Foggy Spuds are otu of this world, too.

If you're going for the vegetarian grub, the portobello sandwich is a solid bet--the pineapple curry chutney is to die for. The peanut bowl is comfort food personified, and I'm pretty sure it's completely vegan.

Just all around fantastic food, and great service. The price of wine is insane, too--Only $4 a glass during happy hour!

• Visited June 2012

Ontario, Canada
“Lobster Mac N Cheese...need I say more?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

The Foggy Goggle's menu is great--lots of options for all tastes, fairly priced, generous portions & oh so yummy! I had the lobster mac n cheese--oh my heck was it good! Homemade mac n cheese with such a creamy cheese sauce & lots of lobster. Also extremely yummy were the Foggy Spuds--roast potatoes with a creamy sauce, sauteed onion, bacon, corn & topped with cheese.

Don't expect french fries with your burger (oh the burgers--our daughter had one & said it was soooooo good!) as this is a fryer-free restaurant; however, you won't miss those fries once you taste the roasted 'tatoes.

The waitstaff were friendly & helpful, making sure we were taken care of without hovering over our shoulders, & the guys we saw in the kitchen seemed to be having a good time while putting out great food. Prices were pretty good, with the lobster mac being $16 for a bowl easily large enough for two, a pulled pork sandwich with foggy spuds on the side for $13 & the Goggle burger with roast potatoes on the side for $13 as well. Great food & great service!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank sunshynes
“Good eats, fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Came here on the recommendation of Fred, a guy at the outdoor store. It's good pub fare, and the menu is laid out in an awesome way. There's a whole page of lobster dishes and snacks, a whole page of $10 food, a whole page of $13 food, plus a page with inexpensive pizza options that use real ingredients. Two of us shared a pizza with a few good toppings for like $12 ... Thin crust, not like takeout pizza, but real, and it filled us up. The happy hour offerings Aare good enough. The late nighters will enjoy that the kitchen is open till 2 on weekends. Lots of different kinds of seating and a couple big TVs for watching sports. We were glued to the olympics. The vibe is great, the local propeller brews are good, and the wait staff was nice and laid back.

Dartmouth
“I had NO idea!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I've been to the Foggy Goggle on an evening when they've had a live band playing, and had a fantastic time. Was I ever in for a treat now that I was finally sampling their menu!

Our party of 3 indulged in hot Baked Foggy Wings, Foggy Spuds, their specialty thin crust pizza, and my personal favourite, the Lobster Foggy Spuds. If you have not experienced this tastebud-dazzling dish, you need to. Now. Unless you're allergic 'cuz that'd be bad.

If there's any place where a nice outing for dinner & a couple of beverages can easily turn into dinner and a samplefest of libational masterpieces, this is the spot. My God! We couldn't stop! Every beverage different, every one delicious! We unanimously recommend the Candy Man and the Surfer...something....did I mention we stayed for a lot longer than we planned?

Went next door to the Seahorse Tavern for Rockabilly Riot night. A perfect cap to a random spontaneous evening! Thanks again, FogGog!

Visited July 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

This restaurant made for a wonderful dining experience. I had a fresh seafood bowl (with muscles, shrimp, halibut, and scallops, with garlic bread) for $13 as one of the specials-- a square meal deal I was not able to top anywhere else in Halifax! Also, their happy hour went until 7pm when I was there, which was one of the latest in town.

Visited June 2012