“Booke wrong hotel on wrong day”

Comfort Inn Halifax
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked the wrong hotel on the wrong day .The staff gave me a reduced rate (a hospital rate ) and were so sweet about it .We stay at the Comfort In on Chainlake Drive whenever we go to Halifax .It is the best and cleanest hotel around ,the staff are second to none .The kids love it too they spend most of their time in the pool .Thank You Comfort Inn

Room Tip: All room are great
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn a few times over the past year. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and I believe all rooms come with a fridge and microwave. Bathrooms are a bit small but ok. If you don't want to stay downtown, and it is not important to you to be beside a mall or industrial area, then this is a good choice. You do need a car, but you have easy access to just about anywhere, it is not stuck out in the middle of nowhere. The breakfast is one of the better ones I have enjoyed at Comfort Inns. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel have a bay window which creates the illusion of being just a bit bigger.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank blindbumpy
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I spent three nights at this hotel as I had medical appointments and this was one of the closest hotels. I reviewed Trip Advisor as I depend on my fellow reviewers for information on travel, hotels, and resorts. First of all I would like to comment on the staff of this hotel, outstanding is all I can say! From the time I checked in until I checked out they had smiles on their faces and were willing to serve you and very well I'd say. The room was nice. It had a flat larger flat screen, great bed, a writing desk. WIFI was good. I could even stream movies. The bathroom looked small, all things do when your over six feet tall, but it was big enough for anyone. I always look for a breakfast in a hotel, one because it reduces the overall cost, second I hate having to drive to eat breakfast where I don't know the area. Which brings me to the hot/cold breakfast offered by the hotel. It's great! There was a waffle maker, as well as sausages and eggs. Also there were breads, toaster, muffins, juices and other items to eat as well. The lady that works the breakfast room was great. She worked so fast and hard. If someone left a table by the time you turned around you wouldn't know that anyone was there in the first place. They provide you with a in room coffee maker but they have coffee on 24 hours a day. There was a pool but I didn't use. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Special note: this hotel is on the tip of Halifax and Bedford which would explain reviews questioning the distance issue from attractions in Halifax.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank FamilyoffiveNB
Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you want to be close of the city center then this hotel is not for you. We stayed here during in last month. The rooms were very clean and nice. Staffs were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast has some hot food and you will love it. I really like the Veranda where you can sit and see the beautiful view.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wanda d
Reviewed January 26, 2013

It is located outside of the downtown but a very nice 3 star property. Clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast and rooms were very clean and good size. A very good business persons property, as you have easy access to Halifax and also the main arteries around the city. I would certainly return

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank amtiii
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went to Halifax as family get away to celebrate my sons birthday, We were greeted and checked in very quickly Jessica on the counter was extremely friendly and out going. The room was large comfortable and very clean. At breakfast we were greeted and helped by staff including the General manager. Overall an excellent time thanks.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave P
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Even though it says Halifax it was a good drive to get into Halifax. It was a beautiful hotel well keep up and very clean with large rooms. The beds were very comfortable. There was only one washer and dryer so we had to wait to use them until others had finished. The breakfast had a good selection of hot and cold items. One thing bothered me with several hotels in Canada. They added a lot of different taxes on to the price quoted to you when you booked which you didn't expect. This hotel it added up to almost $30.00.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple