Comfort Inn Halifax
$201
$186
Westin.com
  • Pool
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$119
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites(Halifax)
$212
$187
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
$232
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$128
$117
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbedford basinbedford highwaycanadian baconbreakfast roomindoor poolhot breakfastwaffle makerwasher and dryeryogurtshort drivefree breakfastvery nice place to staypeggy's covehash brownslots of pillowsfront desk stafffirst floor
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Hello everyone,
I am from New Glasgow
I have been staying at this hotel almost every weekend for over 2 years as I travel back and forth to visit my son at the IWK.
The rates here are extremely reasonable. But most importantly; this hotel has the most friendly outgoing staff who are always willing to go that extra mile to accomodate anyone and make you feel right at home.
They have a phenominal breakfast which runs from 6:30 am - 9:30 am as well as a lovely pool that people can enjoy up until 10 pm. They also have an exercise room as I have seen many people enjoy. They have fresh coffee and tea available 24/7 too. The rooms are always nice and clean and have everything in them that you need and if there is something you need or forgot to bring..they will help you out with anything they can. The staff are also great to help with giving directions to places like the rinks if you are here for hockey, the hospital if you are here for appointments, and general shopping if you dont know your way around. I have stayed here in this hotel in many different rooms and each and every one of them are awesome! my kids love to come here and are made to feel right at home. I call it my home away from home and as my title says.....I WOULDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING ANYWHERE ELSE.

Rita

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I hadn't stayed at this motel for a number of years. Last time I stayed here, it was very dreay, and worn down. I had a recent business trip to Halifax and decided to give this place another try. I was pleased to find that the property had been renovated. The mattresses were newer and mine was comfortable. My room was clean. The room was relatively small, but big enough for my needs. Another reviewer complained about the small bathroom size. She said that the bathroom was so small that her tall husband's knees hit the door when on the toilet. I would agree that the bathroom was quite small compared to most other Comfort Inn's, but not as small as she described. The sink and faucets were new. The shower enclosure was new.
The wireless internet was very fast compared to other Comfort Inn's I've stayed at. TV was older CRT style. I stayed over March break, so the noise from
children in the hallway was loud much of the night. They were running and hollering in the hallways until almost 1am. While I lay most of the blame at the feet of their parents, I was surprised the hotel staff didn't ask the children to go back to their rooms after, say, 11pm. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

While there are much nicer properties in the Halifax area; considering the price I paid for this place, I felt it was good value for the money. If you are looking for an economical place to stay, I would recommend this property as clean and comfortable. If you are looking for a romantic retreat, there are better choices.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Duley01
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I have stayed out this cozy hotel many times over the past several years. The staff there is very friendly & always helpful. I have stayed in rooms ranging from 2 double beds to the rooms with a queen size bed & whirlpool bathtub (all rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, cable television & free high-speed Internet ). Some rooms have kitchenettes as well. The rooms are always very clean & well stalked with plenty of linens.

They offer a free continental breakfast, free local calls, indoor heated pool, exercise room and pet-friendly accommodations (with an additional charge)

I will book at this hotel again & I hope you found this review helpful :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Starfish068
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have stayed here many times over the last 5 years. Breakfast is deliciuos. Great clean rooms!! The staff is always very friendly. I will be back again!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank peitraveller21
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I agree with javaholic. This hotel needs a major renovation. It's an old facility. Parking lot is in 2 separate sections on each side of building and are not connected. We had the smallest bathroom we'd ever seen. My husband is tall & when using the facility his knee practically touched the door (paint was peeling on bathroom door). Our bedroom floor was uneven and baseboard heater broken from the wall. Shower unit was new. Breakfast was in a very crowded area. Bedspreads were old & faded. We had good internet service and the staff was friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple