“Location, location, location!”

The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed September 2, 2014

The hotel was right across the street from the event I was attending. It was within great proximity to nice restaurants, universities and it was really great to walk along Park and Spring Garden. The service that I received was good and I would recommend it to others. The staff were very professional and accommodating.

Room Tip: The King size room was quite spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled on business
DarrenMartell, Guest Relations Manager at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Thank you Marie for the positive review and recent stay. I truly believe we have the best location of any hotel in Halifax since everything you need is often within walking distance. The park as mentioned is really beautiful this time of year which is the first thing most of our guests notice given directly across the street. I hope you will come see us again when in Halifax.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I recommend this hotel unreservedly
I hope I get the chance to stay at the Lord Nelson again
It is next to the public garden, close enough to the waterfront, and conveniently located in the center of Halifax for easy access to just about anything you would need
The staff are absolutely first rate and the hotel itself is a classic, a landmark. There is an authenticity about it, and because of that for the few days I was there I had the sensation of actually being in Halifax, being part of it, rather than merely passing through to someplace else
My short stay at the Lord Nelson will live on as a very pleasing memory

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you Joe for the very rewarding review and recent visit. Our goal is to always provide a memorable experience. I am very proud of my staff and will certainly share your comments. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

This hotel was build in the 1920's and the entrance way and foyer are magnificent. The white gloved doormen make you feel like you are the most important person in the world. The rooms are spacious, bright and everything is perfect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Halifax - it's right across from the Public Gardens which is 16 acres and is beautiful. The walk down to the harbour is good exercise and there is lots to look at along the way. Would go back in a minute!!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you Cheryl for the great review. I especially love that we "made you feel like you were the most important person in the world". I shared this with my staff which confident they really appreciate. It sounds like you are certainly a "raving fan" so please continue to rave away. It is very rewarding to know you return again which is the best compliment of all.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Stayed here for five nights and loved it. The hotel is in a good location the Public Garden just in front of the Hotel and not far away from the Citadel Hill. A short walk down to the waterfront. Bus stops right by the Hotel.The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and roomy and the bed was good. The breakfastbuffet was verry good, all sorts of things to eat. Would defenately stay here if I come back to Halifax.

Room Tip: Nice to have a room with a viev of the Public Garden.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you Laufey for the very positive review and your 5 night visit. It looks like you were able to experience most of what we offer so rewarding to know we met and maybe even exceeded some of your expectations. It's nice to know you would come stay with us again when in Halifax which I really appreciate.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Stayed here for one night. This hotel is in a good location -- right next to the public garden and a little bit of a walk from the waterfront (but not too far), and convenient to other shopping. Check-in was quick and the staff were welcoming. The room was also pretty nice. I think the snack basket with all sorts of candy bars, chips, breakfast bars, etc. is a really nice touch...and the items surprisingly affordable. There are also vending machines on several different floors with not only soft drinks, but also a few different varieties of juice (which I was specifically looking for and delighted when I saw them in the vending machines!). Coffee/tea maker in the room. The business center which just happened to be on my floor was also a great convenience (even though there was also wifi available...and it worked great!). Had a TV with all the channels you expect. Bathroom was pretty nice...good shower with plenty of hot water. There was a fee for parking, but that's probably typical for downtown Halifax hotels. Plus it was nice that you could stay parked there for the rest of the day after you check out at no extra charge. I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for the recent visit and very detailed review. We offer snack baskets in all rooms which I agree the pricing is very affordable which we believe is very important. I'm pleased you enjoyed our product, service and convenient location. I hope you enjoyed your time in Halifax & Nova Scotia and enjoyed a pleasant return home. Please come see us again anytime.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Don't let the old school lobby with the brass elevator doors scare you. The Lord Nelson is a great hotel with charm and good service. The rooms are fresh and modern and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel so perfectly located across from Halifax Public Gardens and Dalhousie. I will certainly stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you Andrew for your very positive review. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed our product, service and satisfied with very the value received. It's nice to know you will come stay with us again when returning to Halifax. I hope you enjoyed your time in our beautiful Province.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Stayed there august 13 to 15. Really enjoyed our stay in the quaint older hotel...Build in the 1920 I think. Paid $139 per night including parking ( $25 ) and breakfast . The hotel has a great location on Spring Garden row.....close to local shopping, the VG hospital if you happen to be going there...and a 10 minute walk from down town. Loved it..the older door man was a hoot......try it.

Room Tip: Rooms are a little smaller as it is an older hotel.....but size doesn't always really matter...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you Jack for the recent visit and positive review. Always rewarding to see another satisfied guest. Please come stay with us again and again thank you for taking the time to share your comments.