I originally booked a room that was supposed to be "one person size". I then changed to another room because I had a lady friend doing a sleepover with me. The room was supposed to be bigger. We walked in the room and it was TINY. Really, just big enough for the queen bed and maybe three feet on any side of it. The washroom was as small as possible. The door when opened came within an inch of the toilet. Other than Europe, this was the smallest room I have ever stayed in. But it's an old hotel, and rooms (and people, and their expectations) were much smaller way back in the yonder day. Other than the small size, the room was clean, modern, and nice. The bed was very comfortable with nice sheets and pillows. Great location for anything around spring garden road or the hospital. I didn't use the restaurant, so no comment there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in October 1928, the Lord Nelson Hotel is a legendary landmark in downtown Halifax located at the corner of Spring Garden Road and South Park Street across from the beautiful Public Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelClick, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lord Nelson Hotel And Suites
- The Lord Nelson Hotel Halifax
- Lord Nelson Halifax
- The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites Halifax, Nova Scotia