Some confusion surrounded my reservation and then I needed to make a change. The hotel staff was less than fully gracious. This left me feeling unwelcomed and will certainly encourage me to stay elsewhere next time.
As a result of the confusion I stayed in a king suite consisting of two small rooms, one of which was completely taken up with the king bed, and an alcove giving unto the bathroom. Because of the awkward layout, there was not much room to move around. Many a large hotel room gives a greater sense of space.
The fitness room is small and uninviting.
The obvious upside is the centrality of the hotel, right across from the Public Gardens. The restaurant is charming and convivial, well worth the visit. The wait staff is friendly, in sharp contrast to the front desk.
I parked in P2 and this meant carrrying my bag up stairs. I suggest unloading baggage before parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in October 1928, the Lord Nelson Hotel is a legendary landmark in downtown Halifax located at the corner of Spring Garden Road and South Park Street across from the beautiful Public Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lord Nelson Hotel And Suites
- The Lord Nelson Hotel Halifax
- Lord Nelson Halifax
- The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites Halifax, Nova Scotia