The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$129
$125
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$163
Doubletree.com
$139
$136
Agoda.com
The Westin Nova Scotian(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$176
$162
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$125
$113
$203
$154
1,352 results
All reviewspublic gardensarms pubbeautiful parkspring garden roadhistoric hotelaveda toiletriesbeautiful lobbyan older hotelwithin walking distancenova scotiafront desk staffdowntown halifaxcomfortable hotelunderground parkinglocation is excellentcitadel hillvictory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This was our 8th treatment cycle which lasts for 7 days each time. We began this journey in January 2013 and have received a special patient rate for our stays. However, the main point I wish to make at this report is that throughout this experience and for each cycle we have been treated with absolutely outstanding service in every respect. Each of the staff in every department have been exceptional in their devotion to providing nothing but first class support. The Lord Nelson Hotel, has always provided top notch accommodation in support of my every need for the past 8 months. This is a fantastic Hotel in a wonderful location in Halifax, where many good restaurants and shops are within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013
Darren M, Guest Relations Manager at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear M/M Beaman,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your positive experience and grateful satisfied with service. product and value received. Our staff have come to know you on a personal level and will certainly appreciate your feedback. Hope your treatment is exceeding expectations and we can't wait for you to share a "clean bill of health". you can depend on us to be your "home away from home" and invite to continue to share anything we can do to make your visits more comfortable and enjoyable.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was in Halifax for two nights, and the Lord Nelson made my stay welcoming and comfortable. The location is very good, and the hotel ambience is one of traditional comfort - lots of wood paneling, real polished brass in the elevators, and very courteous front desk staff. The hotel is well maintained, extremely polished and clean. The room was very comfortable and the sleeping area of the room spacious. My particular room, 914, with a queen bed, was apparently slightly smaller than many/most others (based on my looking at the fire exit room chart), and as a result the bathroom was small. But the furnishings, towels and various shampoos, etc. were high quality (including Aveda products body gels, conditioners etc. and even mouthwash) - very complete.

The room faced busy Spring Garden Road, and there was some noise from the street, although it wasn't too intrusive for me. But light sleepers might want to request a room fronting a quieter street. On the plus side, being adjacent to Spring Garden Road means that many quality restaurants are right outside the hotel just a few steps away.

Internet service was included in my room rate, and it was easy to connect to (with multiple devices) and very fast, unlike Internet speeds at most hotels where I've stayed. I had the $12 continental breakfast buffet, served on the mezzanine, which included in addition to breads, toaster waffles and pastries a selection of cheese and ham and other meats, yogurt, cereals, coffee and juice. Coffee was refreshed by the server (rather than in table carafes) which sometimes can mean a delay in getting a refill, but the server was very attentive so that wasn't a problem. A full breakfast is served in the hotel restaurant, but I didn't try it.

I used the hotel's car service to/from the airport at $55 each way, and the drivers were on time and very courteous.

All in all, I highly recommend the Lord Nelson for travelers looking for quality, comfort and good service in Halifax.

Room Tip: Based on my experience, rooms facing Spring Garden Road may have more street noise - but in return offer a good view of the street scene with restaurants and cafes below,
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Darren M, Guest Relations Manager at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Pleased to see you were able to experience and enjoy a little of everything. Appreciate the feedback and favorable description of our beautiful hotel, friendly and efficient staff and hotel amenities. Hope you were able to relax, enjoy our central location and explore our beautiful city and other parts of our Province. Open invitation to come visit us again anytime and thank you once more not only for recent visit but for also taking the time to share such positive feedback.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We celebrated our daughter's wedding reception here and can't say enough about the great service, venue, food and accommodations. Tanya is an awesome wedding planner, who provided great advice for planning the affair and finalization.
The reception itself was in the Georgian Room with the dance and bar in the adjoining room. Perfect for 100 guests. The supervisor Matt was attentive and continually consulted with us throughout the evening to ensure the timing of service matched the program. Food was served quickly and was delicious. Staff were attentive but didn't interrupt conversations.
A block of rooms for out of town guests was set aside on the 6th floor. We booked a king size suite which was perfect to entertain family and friends. A large bathroom, bedroom and separate living room area. There was lots of closet space, a wet bar with refrigerator. No time to watch TV but two available. Maid service was great and timely. I asked for the room to be vacuumed again just before the photographer arrived and they responded promptly.
Staff at reception are friendly and helpful. I would recommend The Lord Nelson!

Room Tip: 6th floor suite is awesome
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Darren M, Guest Relations Manager at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Congratulations since clearly very proud parent. So pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and understands if we do our part if will certainly reflect well on you and your families. Thanks for sharing such great comments which were shared with Tanya, Matt and all our staff. I was fortunate enough to get married at hotel 5 years ago and can certainly relate to your comments. Tanya does work very hard to personalize every wedding experience which is a great compliment to our venue. Thank you for choosing our location and allowing us opportunity to share in this special occasion and invite to come see us again to help celebrate future special occasions.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Ok, where do I start. My dad and grandma came from China to visit me in Cape Breton. I planned a 4-day trip in Atlantic provinces where we will stay in Halifax for two days. I booked The Lord Nelson through Priceline for $88 a night. Thought it was a great deal. How wrong am I.

The front desk wasn't helpful at all. We came from Moncton at after 5pm. The room wasn't ready?! Then it suddenly became available after I wanted to check my bags with the concierge (I don't think he wanted to check our bags, he is pretty nice btw). I have to pay $20 extra to upgrade my room to a double room (obvious, the double room on the confirmation means the room has one double bed in it). Plus pay $25 for a cot that wasn't ready until I called the fd after we came back from dinner at 9pm.

I understand they can't control the noisy running people with heavy foot in the hallway. But a broken faucet handle, a almost clogged toilet, unknown fluids on the item holder of the tub, and mould on the bathroom ceiling?!!! Give me a break!

I can't express any dissatisfactions as I don't want to ruin the visit of my family. For $150 a night I could book most of hotels in Halifax and I am sure with a much better room and services. The worst part is I have to stay in this place for another night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Andy L
Darren M, Guest Relations Manager at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

I can appreciate your comments and wish to sincerely apologies Mr. Lam for the discomfort and poor recent experience. We do offer such sites as Priceline several guestroom options and noticed the reservation made for you was to enjoy one of our value rooms which we offer at a discounted rate. I'm pleased you took advantage of an up-sell opportunity upon arrival to one of our classic rooms which provides extra double bed and a bit more space. Given your request for an additional cot my suggestion would have been to upgrade to a suite instead. Most of our suites are roughly 600 square feet with small kitchenette and additional living area with pull out sofa which we offer at very reasonable rates. I would love for all of our rooms to be large & luxurious however unfortunately not a feasible option for us at this time. We have a very good preventative maintenance plan and practices in places that should have noticed and addressed the product concerns you shared. Hope you enjoyed our central location and time with family. I would love for you to contact me directly since would like you to try us again for your next visit to Halifax to help make this stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel in a great location for access to other parts of Halifax. Service was excellent, staff was friendly. Place was very, very clean. We stayed three night, and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank-you Mary and pleased able to meet your expectations. Love knowing you will come visit us again and thanks for sharing for others to reference.