The room was very clean but small for two ladies. i asked twice for a larger room but never received one. Asked for a refrigerator, told it was twenty dollars per night and still never received one. Friends checked in later than I and received larger rooms, refrigerators and microwaves at the same price I was paying for a small room with one double bed. I asked which room would one get for the advertised price of $139. but did not receive an answer.
Also we could not get the temperature below 22 degrees C which is quite warm for sleeping. However we did not mention this to the staff so cannot comment on whether it would have been fixed. Elevators very slow so try for a room on a lower floor, we were on the nineth. However the hotel was well situated, quiet, comfortable bed for one, loved the aveda products but probably won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in October 1928, the Lord Nelson Hotel is a legendary landmark in downtown Halifax located at the corner of Spring Garden Road and South Park Street across from the beautiful Public Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lord Nelson Hotel And Suites
- The Lord Nelson Hotel Halifax
- Lord Nelson Halifax
- The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites Halifax, Nova Scotia