“unbelievable hospitality!”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
alberta
“unbelievable hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We requested an early check in as our plane landed at 6:30 am....arrived at hotel at 8:30 a.m to find staff awaiting our arrival and our room ready! Jamie had even upgraded our room to top floor corner suite with gorgeous view:-) Exceptionally welcoming friendly professional staff at check in.Suite is surprisingly large,clean with contemporary furnishings.Bed is sooo comfortable! Had a wonderful meal at the hotel restaurant..Ryan Duffy's and quick friendly room service as well. Had such a great experience here we decided to spend two more nights there...would highly recommend this hotel.Can't thank staff enough for their hospitality:-)

Room Tip: Ask for top floor corner suite
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lauriedrumheller
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Good afternoon to the both of you and thank you for your visit and review. I trust and hope your travels through Nova Scotia this week has been equally enjoyable. It was my pleasure to provide the upgrade and I look forward to hearing about your week in our wonderful Province when you arrive back with us tomorrow. By the way, it is Happy Hour in our lobby bar 'Fax tomorrow 4:30pm - 7:00pm, perhaps I will see you there.

Cheers,

Jamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with kids while visiting Halifax for work / March break vacation. Was one of best hotel stays - great staff very clean and awesome modern rooms. The pool and gym are also nice. Close to lots of restaurants and tourist traps. Perfect for family or business

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Jimmyytravel
Good afternoon Jimmyytavel,

I would like to thank you for your visit and review. It is great to hear that your stay with us was 'perfect' and we look forward to seeing you again.

Have a great day!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I travel all over the province of Nova Scotia for business. The Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax is now one of my favourite place to stay. The bed was comfortable, the view was outstanding, the best of all was the staff!! Lynn & Trevor provided exceptional service during my 4 night stay. A moment of truth touched me when I was checking out, I apologized to Trevor (valet) that I did not have any cash to offer any tip for his services during my stay. I offered to have the tip charged to my credit card, however it was not possible. Trevor gracefully said it was his pleasure to serve me. I don't review on tripadvisor often, but this story is definitely worthy to be told. :)

Room Tip: One Bedroom Suite - worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank AC12345155019
Good morning to you and thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate being your favorite place to stay while in Halifax and thank you for your business. I will be sure to pass along your praise of Lynn and Trevor to the two of them, as they are great at what they do and wonderful ambassadors of the hotel.

Thank you again and have a winderful day!

Charlottetown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I travel to Halifax approximately 6-8 times per year for business and pleasure! The Radisson is a great property conveniently located downtown! Their recent renovation is so amazing and modern! The views of Halifax from the higher level rooms are beautiful. The suites are great.. The only comment I would have is that they include wine corkers in the rooms!
Other than that- we love it and try to stay there when we can!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Marsha D
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Good morning to you Marsha D,

I would like to thank you for your visit and review. I am glad you enjoyed our recent renovation. In agreement and thank you for the tip, yes the view from our higher floors are beautiful and one of a kind. My apologies for the cork screw, but I trust our staff was able to provide one to you expeditiously. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Best regards,

Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one week in February for work. Although their business centre is very small (i.e. only 2 computers and a printer), the front desk staff was very accomodating and let me you use their office photocopy, etc for the work that I needed to get done. I also found the suites very nice, new, clean and spacious, the bathrooms quite nice, and the bed really comfortable. The pool and hot tub, are not luxurious, but still nice to have. Also the location is very central. I would certainly recommend the hotel for both business and leisure, and will be returning in May.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank TalithaN
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Good afternoon TalithaN,

Thank you for allowing us to host you for your week in Halifax! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and we appreciate the feedback.

Thank you also for your review and we will see you in May!

Cheers,

Sydney, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have been staying at the radisson hotel Halifax for many years. I have always loved the hotel as well as the staff. The new renovations are wonderful,very tastefully done. The rooms are second to none. My wife and I wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting Halifax. From the staff at the front desk to the doormen to the house keeping staff,you would be hard pressed to find better. They are all very friendly,and go above and beyond to make your stay as perfect as possible. The radisson is our home away from home.
We would highly recommend this hotel for its location, wonderful rooms, and the incredible staff.
Thanks again for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Reggie S
Good afternoon Reggie,

Thank you for your continued patronage and review. We appreciate being your hotel of choice when travelling to Halifax. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team, as they work had and appreciate the feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your 'home away from home'.

All the best and have a great week!

Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've been coming to Halifax on average every four or five months, staying anywhere from a week to two weeks each time. After being "spoiled" with Starwood, I all but refused to stay anywhere but the Westin and Four Points. The Four Points, mostly for the Starpoints and cheap hotel room, and the Westin for a nice property.

Now don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the Westin, but I was pleasantly shocked by the quality of this Radisson location. The only other Radisson I have visited was such a horrible property that I was turned off the brand completely, but this particular hotel has given the Radisson brand another chance with me.

Both my boyfriend and I have decided that when possible, we will stay at the Radisson whenever possible, when we are in Halifax. The fact that every room is a suite is a major plus to me. The only other hotel reasonably close to offer an all suite hotel would be the Residence Inn, and of course the Radisson is leaps and bounds ahead in amenities. Plus, the Radisson has a great steakhouse, Ryan Duffy's, right downstairs. It is expensive for dinner, but they do have specials and I think it'd be worth the splurge every so often.

When checking in I was greeted promptly by a member of the hotel staff, and when asked my name, Jamie (the GM) was standing by and jumped in to the conversation when he heard my name. I was quite shocked that he recalled my name, stay, and a special request, from emails that took place weeks ago! Even during the last night's stay when we crossed paths in the lobby, he stopped me and asked how my stay was going.

As a Gold Elite member I walked in my suite to find a small gift basket with a bottle of Nova Scotia wine, and a bag of some sort of maple glazed nuts. There was also a personally written note left next to it, welcoming me to the hotel and wishing me a fantastic stay.

All of this is a far cry from the treatment I have received at any Starwood hotel, even with comparable reward status, which is what has lead us to deciding to stay with the Radisson during all future stays.

Ladies and gents, the Trip Advisor rating for this property is well deserved, and there's no reason in my mind why this property is rated as the number two hotel in Halifax.

Room Tip: As with any hotel in Halifax, a harbourview room is a must!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Thomas R
Good morning Thomas,

I hope and trust you had a fabulous weekend! Thank you for your visit and it was a pleasure hosting you. I am elated to hear that you enjoyed your extended stay with us. We certainly appreciate the comparison and the time you took to draft your review. I will be sure to pass along your praise to the staff and they are here to welcome back any time. I look forward to making that next trip extra special also.

Until then.....