“Excellent value for your dollar”

The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent value for your dollar”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The business trip could be classified as abnormal but nonetheless, they were able to accommodate. We had 20 boxes of supplies arrive but there was no issue holding the, in their storage.

The reception staff, delivered phenomenal service (also very attractive), and looked after almost every need we had.

The only so,west negative aspect of the hotel was the restaurant at the bottom. Breakfast the one night was not worth the price compared to local alternatives, and we abandoned efforts to eat there the next day as we waited 10 minutes to be greeted and seated but no one ever approached us.

Summary - if Cat and Jessica are still working the front desk, this hotel is definitely worth a visit and stay!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jono A
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Good morning Jono A and I hope and trust you had a great weekend!

Thank you for your visit and review. I am glad that you found our staff to be 'phenomenal', as I could not agree with you more. I do want to apologize for your restaurant experience and I would like to assure you this is not the norm. I will be sure that your comment gets passed along to Ryan Duffy's for follow up.

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you again!

Jamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My Wife and I got married during Thanksgiving weekend this past October and booked the Radisson for all of our guests to stay at. The staff was unbelievably supportive and provided us and all of them with an exceptional experience. My wife and I were deployed overseas prior to our wedding so most of our planning was done via internet and emailing. Their sales staff made everything incredible easy for us and was very accommodating when we or guests had to make any changes. The rooms and the hotel are spectacularly re-done and their suits are perfect for weddings (lots of space to get ready in). We could not have picked a better location for us and our guest. The staff was incredibly kind and helped to make our day special! Thanks again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Joshua K
Good morning Joshua K,

Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for choosing to stay with us at the newly renovated Radisson. I am happy to hear that our staff contributed to a memorable weekend for you and your wife. Perhaps we will see you again for a future anniversary visit.

Thank you for the review and have a great week!

Congrats again,

Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I've been to Halifax many times for business and vacation, and this is the first time I've stayed at the Radisson. It is hands down the best hotel I've stayed at in the city, and the price was better than most.

All of the rooms are suites, and ours had a nice kitchenette, bar-height table, sectional pull-out couch in the living room, work desk, 3 TVs, and a beautiful bathroom. The bathroom mirror actually had a built-in TV with a waterproof remote.

The room was very clean and spacious, and we were able to save money by having the kitchenette. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the hotel is located only a couple blocks from the waterfront.

Room Tip: They have nine floors, so anything 5 or above has a good view. Ask for a room with a water view but...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Jennifer B
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Good morning Jenn B!

Thank you for chosing to stay with us and writing your review. We appreciate your comments and fabulous comparison, as the 'best in Halifax'. We look forward to your next visit and being you new hotel of choice when in Halifax.

All the best and have a great weekend!

Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I always stay at the Radisson Halifax every time we visit Nova Scotia. Each and every time we are very pleased with the hotel. This past summer, we stayed there and saw the beautiful renovations! Wow is all I can say. Very modern update, exceptionally clean and the staff are super friendly. We enjoyed our stay immensely and highly recommend this hotel. We are very particular with the hotels we choose. You will be pleasantly pleased!!! The bar in the lobby is awesome and serves great wines. The bar tender was so friendly and we had a great chat with him while sipping our drinks!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank yogagirl229
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Happy Halloween yogagirl and good morning to you.

Thank you for your visit with us. I am happy to hear that we continue to exceed your expectations with each vist. Thank you also for the recommendation. We are very pleased with the feedback we have recieved on our new lobby bar 'Fax, so I am glad you got to enjoy it.

We look forward to hosting you both again!

Cheers,

Cheticamp, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Renovated hotel, close to all downtown attractions, great view of Harbour on that side, not great parking access but it works ! Very modern rooms, and bathroom and shower....flatscreen TV excellent sleepware....

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank CLAUDEBO88
Good morning CLAUDEBO88,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to being your hotel of choice the next time you are in Halifax.

Happy Halloween!

Pictou, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Just experienced the newly renovated space and it is lovely - the relocation of reception works well, the icy pineapple water refreshing, the ambient lighting in the suite, the combination of textures warms the modern décor - loved it! So glad you didn't renovate the staff as they are excellent already - friendly, welcoming, efficient, and consistent. If you want a smooth stay in a central location in easy walking distance to different downtown attractions, this is it.

Room Tip: My view from my 8th floor room allowed me to watch 2 cruise ships leave port.The room had microwave...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jansanity
Good morning Jansanity,

I would like to thank you for you visit and review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the new look, as we are very pleased with it ourselves. The lobby water has been a huge hit also. Our staff will surely be happy to hear of your praise of them, as they do a great job and I will be sure to share it with them. We hope to see you again real soon!

Happy Halloween!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2013

All the usual and more! Lovely clean room, great bed for sleeping, even a pillow I liked! But the service of all the staff is remarkable. Meghan greeted me warmly, by name, every time she saw me, Aaron and Ameila were equally friendly and helpful. The bartender was friendly, and makes a great martini! Excellent support through the business centre and having a few amenities available for those unexpected emergencies helped too!
I will definitely be recommending this Radisson to my family and friends, especially if they will offer their delicious 'pineapple water' again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 511Sylvia
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Good morning 511Sylvia,

It is great to hear from you and thank you for your review! I am elated to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed the 'new look'. I would like to thank you also for the staff recognition as they work hard and appreciate it very much.

Thank you for your visit and we look forward to having you again for that next stay and martini.

Cheers,