“Great downtown location ”

The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Cold Lake, Canada
“Great downtown location ”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has recently been renovated and is in a great location. It is literally a block away from the waterfront/wharf. The staff and rooms are great. The amenities are also good. The bar was just opening when we were there and it was also very good. I would suggest staying here is you are looking for a downtown hotel.

Stayed October 2013
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Good morning Mkilburn9,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Thank you for your recent visit and review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and that you got to take advantage of our new lobby bar 'Fax. We look forward to being your hotel of choice next time you are in Halifax!

Have a great week!

Jamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is an excellent Radisson. No special frills, just nice people, good bar in the lobby, reasonable prices, and clean rooms. I stayed one night while in town for a meeting downtown. (Very convenient location if you're working in the downtown area.)

Worth requesting a harbor view (I had an indirect view of the harbor from a room on an upper floor on the eastern side of the building.

Room Tip: Get a high east-facing room (you can see the harbor from some rooms).
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hi Rick B and good morning to you!

Thank you for your visit and review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to hosting you again.

Have a great weekend!

Digby, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Have you stayed with Radisson Halifax recently? Well you are missing out if you haven't! I recently stayed there for business on October 8th, 2013 and I was BLOWN AWAY by their renovations completed in February 2013! This hotel is a premier destination in Halifax, and it begins when you enter the lobby. Crisp, fresh and modern decor has brought new life to this hotel in one of my favorite cities. The front desk staff (especially Meghan) are more than accommodating and professional. The rooms are spacious with separate sleeping quarters and the living/kitchenette area is absolutely stunning. We had a water view and it is definitely worth the upgrade! The price is comparable to any hotel rate in this beautiful city and everything is within a short walking distance. I fell in love all over again with this hotel and its staff and I have already booked my next stay with my husband and children in November! Well done Radisson!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Carla S
Greetings Carla S,

I would like to thank you for your visit and the time you took to complete your review. As a past guest we appreciate your comments on our 'transformation'. I am happy we did not disappoint and I look forward to your next visit ith the family in November.

See you then!

Winnipeg
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We loved everything about this Radisson! We were greeted each and ever time we entered the lobby by wonderful smiling faces, and a genuine welcome by the front desk staff. Craig was a wonderful source of information and always eager to help with directions and ideas for our daily touring. All of the lobby staff were personable, friendly and approachable, making a good first impression! Our room was on the 8th floor with a harbour view...it was an amazing sight to pull the curtain back each morning and see the activity in the harbour. The room was beautifully decorated the bed was very comfortable and the kitchenette was perfect for us. It is walking distance to most attractions including PIER 21 and the Citadel, the Maritime Museum was one street over, and could be seen directly below our window. Perfect place, perfect staff and great service, would highly recommend to anyone planning a trip to Halifax. Also close to many restaurants, including our favourite with family style cooking at the Bluenose, just down the street. Great area to stay and enjoy touring Halifax. AC/DC. WPG

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank DonLynski
Good morning DonLynski!

I would like to thank you for your visit and wondefull review. I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to give Craig a 'pat on the back' as he is a 'gem' and appreciates the recognition. In agreement, those harbour views are definately amazing and I am glad you got to experience it.

I appreciate your business and hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

A modern, well located hotel in central Halifax that was within walking distance of most things we wanted to see. We had a spacious, quiet and comfortable king bed suite looking out over the harbour. Everything worked as expected although we had some minor quibbles with the bathroom: whilst the mirror lighting may be avant-garde, it doesn’t project much light into the bathroom which turned shaving or making-up into guesswork. They did have a magnifier mirror with built-in light but the functionality of that was only a little better. In addition, the bathroom is of the ‘showcase’ variety where a glass wall looks out over the bedroom to the harbour view beyond. Nice from the inside but unless you want to put on a cabaret whilst showering you need to lower the venetian blind to veil your ablutions - which then becomes saturated. We have experienced these elsewhere where they worked much better and it comes across as an underdone novelty. HS wireless internet was included but parking costs extra – in a vacant lot on the adjacent corner. The food at the Ryan Duffy restaurant annexed to the hotel was superb. We have stayed elsewhere in downtown Halifax but this will be our default choice in future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tedstravelblogs
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Greetings Tedstravelblogs,

I trust your trip to Canada was most enjoyable! Thank you for your visit and review, both are greatly appreciated. I apologize to you for the bathroom lighting and will be sure to have our maintenance team look into it a bit further. We look foward to your next visit!

Best regards and thanks again!

Fort Frances, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were very impressed with the staff right from the get go! Very helpful and friendly. We had the stay and park package that included valet parking which made us feel like we were getting the VIP treatment for sure! (you can upgrade to valet for $5 more if it's not included in your stay). Our king size suite was very stylish and the pillows and bed were super comfortable! I didn't even notice a comfort difference from the bed we have at home!
We stayed 2 separate nights, Wednesday then on Sunday. Thursday afternoon, in New Glasgow, I realized I had forgotten my nightgown and my favourite cardigan in the room back in Halifax. Only really having travelled in Mexico and the Dominican Republic I assumed these items would be lost to the maid forever. When we checked in on Sunday I asked if the hotel had a lost and found and sure enough they had my items!
We ate at Ryan Duffy's in the hotel Sunday night. We ordered the surf and turf special and it was delicious!
The lounge/bar wasn't ready to open until the week after our stay but it looked amazing. The decor in this hotel is absolutely beautiful!
The location was fabulous and we could walk to the places we wanted to go.
I would absolutely stay here again if i'm ever lucky enough to get to go back to Halifax!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites on the levels higher up have a better view of the harbour otherwise you'll be look...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa G
Greetings Lisa G,

Thank you for your visits and review. I am glad to hear that we got the items you left behind back to you. Surprisingly enough, this is a common occurance in hotels. I am sorry you missed the opening of our lobby bar, but it is fully open now. If you are in our wondeful City again, we look forward to hosting you again.

Have a great week!

Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at this lovely modern hotel twice so far this year and each time the service and rooms have been top notch. Clean bright rooms, comfortable beds, stunning views of the halifax harbor and cruise ships, minutes from the famous waterfront and right in the cent of downtown business. Add the anything they can do service and this is by far and hands down the best deal going in downtown halifax. Cheers to the crew!!!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Jennifer G
Good morning Jennifer G,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit and review. We appreciate your comments and it is great to hear that you found your stay 'outstanding'. You are welcome back any time and we look forward to that next visit.

Thnak you again and have a great day!