“Simply The Best”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Regina, Canada
“Simply The Best”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Three co-workers and myself stayed at the Radisson Sept21 to 25 for a Critical Care Nursing conference.The experience was amazing..the room beautiful the shower great View to Harbor fantastic I enjoyed watching from my room the Cruise ships sailing in and other activities in the waterfront.We were very well looked after by the staff from the moment we checked in to time we left..Trevor the Cioncierge was extremely nice and helpful to us he also assisted to arrange a tour to Peggys Cove and around Halifax. which was a great experience. What a pleasant and lovely man Trevor certainly does his job very well I sure hope his Boss compensates him really well.The complimentary coffee ,apple and fruit bar in the lobby was appreciated to start the mornings.I would go back to the Radisson in a heart beat and highly recommend this hotel to everyone.Great location. everything a stones throw from this hotel be it the museum,waterfront ,best bars and resturants and shopping the convention centre and many more.Left there with memorable and happy experiences. and Thank you again Trevor.

Room Tip: Stayed on fourth floor one bedroom suite room large and living room has a nice sofa bed small kitch...
6 Thank Bibi K
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hi Bibi K,

I hope you enjoyed the nursing conference and had a safe trip home! It was a pleasure hosting you and your group. I would like to thank you for your praise and comparison. In agreement, Trevor is a true gem and we appreciate what he does and having him on the team. I will be sure he gets the recognition he deserves. We look forward to seeing you again.

Cheers and take you for staying with us,

Jamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Saint-Léonard d'Aston
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Very nice hotel, located near the harbour, excellent service with Jessica M. and special thank to Barry for the beautiful room with view on the bay 704...WoW!! I would not hesitate to go back...
The room i have at the 7th with harbour views was excellent, a really large suite with great views.
The room was great, spotless and modern, and being centrally located was very important to me. i was able to explore on foot so many of the sites...

Room Tip: The qualite of the service is too much... in French if you need... Jessica M.
7 Thank Jean-Claude B
Greetings Jean-Claude B,

Thank you for your visit and great review. It is a pleasure hosting you. Barry says hello and thanks you also. Our water views do offer that extra Wow and I am glad you got to experience it. Please feel free in reaching out to me the next time you are in Halifax and I will be ensure your next stay is equally enjoyable.

Passez une belle fin de semaine!

jamie.bolduc@radissonhalifax.com
Reviewed September 26, 2013

great place to stay.location is very good, a block from the harbor.my room half a fantastic view of the boats traveling through the harbor.the staff were excellent-they far surpassed expectations.I think it is the best hotel in Halifax.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank veedog123
Good morning veedog123 and thank you for your visit and review. We appreciate your comparison of 'the best', as that is what we strive for. We look forward to hosting you again.

Have a great weekend!

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We recently explored the Maritimes, beginning and ending our vacation in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We stayed at the Radisson both times and totally enjoyed the experience. The rooms were great, spotless and modern, and being centrally located was very important to us. We were able to explore on foot so many of the sites that make Halifax so special. But it was the staff that makes me want to comment. The reception staff along with our two favourite concierges, Trevor and Aron, made the stay exceptional. Friendly and witty, they helped us plan our vacation route, using their knowledge of the area, and it worked out perfectly! Thank you all for some great memories!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Doreen M
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Good morning Doreen M,

I would like to thank you for your recent visits and the time you took to complete your review, we certainly appreciate it. I am happy to hear that we were able to positively contribute to the beginning and end of your vacation. Renovations aside, our staff are our biggest asset and thank you for the recognition. I will be sure to give Trevor and Aron a pat on the back for you. We look forward to seeing you again if you are back in Halifax!

All the best!

Rockland, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was at this hotel 1 year ago, and they completely renovated this hotel from the ground up. Lobby, room, etc. Very nice hotel, located near the harbour, very good service with a smile from every one, etc. Would not hesitate to go back.

2 Thank malyhupe
Good morning malyhupe,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. We appreciate your loyalty and praise. You are certainly welcome back any time.

Until then,

Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I can honestly say that all of the other positive reviews here are totally accurate. We had a great stay for 5 days there. The room we had on the 9th floor with harbour views was excellent, a really large suite with great views. Add to that the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff and it made for a great stay. I would not want to single out a particular member of staff for praise as they we are great. Would make this my first choice if back in Halifax. Also enjoyed breakfast in Ryan Duffy's restaurant in the Hotel, as well as a dinner and a couple of happy hour drinks there. Again friendly, welcoming staff.

Room Tip: High floor with harbour view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank AdrianH857
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Greetings AdrianH857,

Thank you for your extended visit and the time you took to complete your review! We certainly appreciate all the reviews we receive. We believe we have something special her at the Radisson Suite Halifax and I am glad you got to experience some of that.

Have a great day and we look forward to your next visit.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had booked 3 nights at the hotel that I had booked due to a great corporate rate. The first night I booked because I was arriving quite early in the a.m and it was the only way I could guarantee a bed so I wouldn't have to wait till usual check in time. Due to a missed connection I arrived late and thought I would have to pay for the airlines mistake. The manager let me know right away that they would cut me a break and not make me pay for the first night that I missed. The room was spacious with a terrific view of the harbour. The bed was super comfy, the room was very clean and quiet. The shower has a huge shower head that was marvellous. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. The hotel is ideally located a stones throw from the harbour and only a few blocks away from great shopping on spring garden road. If I come back to Halifax I am staying here without hesitation

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank darniro
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Good afternoon damiro,

It is great to hear from you. Thank you for your visit and wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that we have left a positive impression upon you. We undertstand that things can happen outside of your control while travelling, so it was our pleasure to help you with that small detail. I do hope your trip home was a better one. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Halifax!

Cheers,