“Solid Hotel with Courteous Customer Service”

Atlantica Hotel Halifax
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Visiting Halifax for the first time ( prior to attending a planning summit at White Point ) I had visions of staying on the waterfront. Having never used an OTA like Hotwire, I decided to try my luck and see what type of deal and property in might be able to obtain. I did a lot of research on various websites to see what properties were coming up in the 3 1/2 star range. I consistently found 5 properties in this group and four that I would be very happy to stay at. So, I gave it a shot. Of course... I got the fifth.

At first, I tried calling Hotwire to upgrade to a four star only to find an iron-clad contract. So with much trepidation, I checked in at the Atlantica. I found the staff to be very courteous with some great recommendations on dinning and bicycling routes.

So, if you don't want to be on the waterfront or just want to be away from it, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DavidJov
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I hope we will be your first choice for Halifax accommodation in the future. We have some wonderful, flexible packages available when booking directly with the hotel. Again thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your business.
Colleen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed there for two nights on business and first of all, my bed was broken at the side which caused me to sleep at an angle for both nights. My room wasn't replenished with soaps and towels. The staff were quite rude and didn't give me the service that I would expect for a paying customer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Kevin, I am so very sorry to hear that your experience at the hotel was not a positive one. I can understand your disappointment. Product quality and service excellence are our highest priority and I can assure you that your experience is not typical of the standards we strive to achieve. I would like to discuss your experience in greater detail so please contact me directly at cforward@atlanticahalifax.com or (902) 490-3339.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had an unexpected weeks stay at this hotel due to my wife's illness during our vacation. Hotel clean, reasonably priced. Extremely friendly staff. Close to hospital and restaurants. Hated the parking garage though

Room Tip: You do not want room 617. Ceiling repair unappealing
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I am very sorry to hear about your wife’s illness during your vacation and do hope that she is feeling much better. We are, however, so pleased that you chose to stay with us during this time and very happy to hear that our location and staff made your visit as comfortable as possible. Thanks also for mentioning the maintenance issue in room 617, we will have our team check out that repair immediately. We hope you will be back to visit us again in the future – strictly for pleasure!
Very best regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had a booking that at first had hiccups online but eventually evened out. So I didn't know what to expect. When I eventually got to Halifax and Atlantica Hotel, what was striking was the lovely welcome. I was in my room with a lovely view in a matter of minutes literally. Lovely.
I was there to attend my daughter's grad at Dalhousie Univ. So it was celebration time. We celebrated with a lovely dinner in the restaurant. Added to this was a fantastic surprise from Olga who gave me a happy birthday card and breakfast: A CELEBRATION IN LUXURY. I loved every inch and every minute of my stay. Then Amelia gave me directions to the sports bar where I watched the finals of the UEFA champions league. Then a lasting Lobster lunch at Murphy's and home before home, Hotel Oranien in Wiesbaden, Germany.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a fantastic view. For the keep fit, there is a lovely swimming pool, a gym, sauna...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Congratulations on the very special occasion of your daughter’s graduation from Dalhousie! We are so pleased that we were a part of the celebration and so appreciate your kind words. Olga and Amelia our two wonderful ambassadors for the hotel and like our entire team are committed to making all our guests feel welcome and appreciated. We hope you will be back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The room was beautiful. Seemed very new. Lovely design. Beds very comfortable. Good size room. Very good location. Parking underground is very tight so be careful. My senior father liked the room. The restaurant has a wonderful layout. I liked all the windows overlooking the large city intersection.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Many of our rooms have been totally renovated and I very glad that you liked the design. The windows in Seasons by Atlantica overlooking the Halifax Commons are a fabulous feature…only surpassed by the culinary and service experience. Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had a lovely stay in Halifax, and much of it was due to this hotel. The hotel was conveniently located,  rooms were great and on top of this the  staff was amazing. One of the staff who stood out in particle Olga  was sweet, kind and accommodating so much so that if anyone i know is traveling to halifax i recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013

We LOVE hearing that you LOVED IT! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. As you noted, Olga is a wonderful representative of the hotel and along with our entire team is committed to our guests. Thank you again. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Nice hotel but disappointing service. We had stayed here in 2012, booked through Hotwire. The clerk said the next time we could just come to the front desk and he would match their price.

This week, we were informed that we couldn't book through Hotwire for this hotel so went to the computer to book a similar hotel. Ended up being offered the Atlantica. The front desk clerk testily informed my husband that he had already told him he couldn't book through Hotwire and was shown that we actually had just done that. Had to pay extra for parking and then got charged again for the same night of parking the next morning. We have stayed all over North America and beyond and have never received such curt service and nasty attitude. Definitely will not bother to stay here again.

1  Thank DJG04

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I do apologize for any confusion surrounding your reservation. Customer service excellence is always what we strive for and it seems we may have missed the mark in this instance. Your business is very valuable to us and I encourage you to contact me directly, cforward@atlanticahalifax.com or (902) 490-3339 so we may discuss the details of your stay.