“Atlantica at the Willow Tree: Comfortable Overnight Stay”

Atlantica Hotel Halifax
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent an overnight stay at the Atlantica Hotel which is centrally located in Halifax, NS. It's reasonable pricing,proximity to downtown Halifax and the 102 highway for airport travel, make it convenient and affordable.
I upgraded to a newer renovated king suite on the 12th floor. The room was well appointed with flat screen TV, chaise lounge chair, business desk, free Wi-Fi, fridge and Aveda spa products in the washroom. The view from this floor is great as it overlooks the Halifax Common which is a public open park-like space.
The only 2 things I disliked was the outdated Pepsi products in the vending machine on the 12th floor and the underground parking garage. The garage was dirty, dimly lit and cramped as there are a few low-clearance areas where you cannot park.

Room Tip: Stay away from the vending/ice machine area. Pick a newer renovated room for better comfort.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here with work before. It's about a 20-30 min drive from the airport.

The rooms very standard (nothing special) the beds were ok. The hotel is located just off a park. I went for a walk around and you can find some stores and places to eat.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Canadawj
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We traveled to visit family with our son who was feeing unwell. The first morning he vomited during breakfast and the staff was more than accommodating. We feel that they went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. We have stayed at many hotels in Halifax, for both personal trips and numerous IWK visits, and we must say that this was by far the best hotel! We will make this our new home away from home when we travel to Halifax. Thank you to the wonderful staff!! Oh, the food is wonderful, the room service was prompt and the food was warm, they were even thoughtful enough to bring ginger ale up for our little boy....

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've been traveling to Halifax for 14 years visiting customers, and this is the first time I stayed at this hotel. Being a CPSA member, their offer seemed quite interesting. CPSA members get free indoor parking, free continental breakfast, and free wifi. The room was nice, however I was right next to the ice machine which seemed to be getting a lot of usage. The noise was a little annoying. My mattress was too soft for my liking ; I prefer a firmer mattress. Being right in front of a major hospital, they seem to get a lot of guests from all over Nova Scotia. I also noted West Jet employees use the hotel too. I ate at the restaurant one evening, and the food was surprisingly quite good. Good value for CPSA members if you need to be close to downtown. I will probably stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank canuck64
Reviewed March 28, 2013

First time I've stayed at the Atlantica in Halifax. Not much to look at on the outside, but I was quite happy once I walked in the door. The common areas are clean and modern and the elevators are very quiet and fast. The room was spacious, quiet, and very comfortable. Free wired internet, which is so much better than the measly wireless connections at a lot of hotels these days. The bed and pillows were top notch; as good as I've experienced at very expensive hotels. If you want a good night's sleep and wake up refreshed, this is the place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Last week we stayed at the beautiful Atlantica Hotel in Halifax - we were over for appointments at local hospitals. The hotel and rooms are beautiful, very relaxing and comfortable. out check in and check out went very smooth! The staff that we dealt with on the front desk and dining room were wonderful! Mitchell Matheson especially went out of his way to accommodate us! We were driving a vehicle that wouldn't fit in the parking garage, he made sure that we had a parking spot avialble to us. Also was very kind in explaining the directions to the local hospitals that we had to visit. I would defiantly recommend your beautiful hotel to all my family and friends.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel because my mother had to have emergency open heart surgery. The hotel is right across the street from the hospital. Due to this being a hospital stay the price was a bit lower and parking was included. The room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and accommodating. Ever person I dealt with at the Front Desk rate A+. If I needed something - a fridge for the room due to the longer stay- it was delivered within minutes of my asking. Great to be able to have my dog with me too! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family