“Close to the QE2 Hospital.”

Atlantica Hotel Halifax
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Los Angeles, California
“Close to the QE2 Hospital.”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I needed to find a hotel walking distance from the QE2 Hospital. The Atlantica fit the bill. The front desk employees were friendly and helpful. With a 20 dollar upgrade to a room on a higher floor I was able to check in early after a very long flight. They also have a discount for people who are there visiting patients in the hospital which was nice. The hotel has a very small enclose area for aerobic activity. A stationary bike and a couple of treadmills that worked just fine. They also had some weights. In the same area they have an indoor pool which seemed to be more popular. I stayed there for over a week and the only negative things were some young kids playing street hockey in the hall outside my door (it is Canada after all) and some loud young people in the room next door getting ready for a night on the town. The hotel is also with walking distance of stores, pharmacy, and restaurants. The hotel bar/restaurant has good food and drinks and pleasant window views facing a park. All in all a good experience. In a vacation situation I'm sure it would not have been my first pick of hotels but for what I was there for it was quite good.

7 Thank hampdenLosAngeles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Kentville, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I were in Halifax to have some emergency eye surgery. We were not able to check in until late in the evening on two totally seperate dates. We were warmly welcomed with compassion and wonderful consideration for our circumstances. We were checked in promptly with a discounted rate and the amenities of the hotel were explained for our benefit. We got to our room and were both exhausted. We quickly fell asleep. I should mention that there were several groups in the hotel that evening and the staff took great caution to make certain we were not located near any of the merriment that there is accompanying a group. We both had the best sleep we had experienced for a long, long time. The whole experience was super ++

3 Thank Doug679
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We spent a night at the Atlantica as it was located close to downtown Halifax and as a result of a special rate. I was surprised that parking was $17.00 / night. I also didn't have very much fun taking our luggage up from the parkade in a small elevator only to have to get off and onto another elevator in the lobby.

Aside from these hiccups, everything else was a positive. The front desk employee "in training" was very friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was just as described on the Internet. The king size bed was very comfortable giving us an excellent nights sleep.

3 Thank SLMK14
Saint-Bruno, Quebec
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was very surpised to find such a great meal in a large hotel in Halifax of all places. The staff were pleasant, competent and attentive; what more could one ask for. A very pleasant stay at such a reasonably priced hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Pictou, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I would like to let you know how pleased I was with the service my niece and I had at your hotel. Mariles was excellent we were very upset and confused, my sister is in the hospital across the street in critical condition.. we went over to the hotel and she took control of everything all we did was stand there. She explained everything out for us, and having free parking while we have someone in the hospital is one expense we greatly appriecated. Halifax is a very expensive place to go to from out of town. I will definnetly recomend her service to everyone i know, I just wish i could afford to stay longer in stead of traveling back and forth for 2 hrs.each way. the bathroom floors were not very clean, which I notice becuase I am a cleaner myself .

Room Tip: I wasn't very aware of my surroundings as it was used only to sleep. But I think marilee was a...
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed for five nights. Every single person we dealt with was cheerful, friendly and helpful - the room was large and clean - we had a great view from the 12th floor looking over to the harbour in the distance. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the centre but very pleasant, lots of trees and grass, and better than staying right in the middle of town I think. The swimming pool was a good size, not too small, and the small gym had everything I needed. If I was in Halifax again I would definitely stay at the Atlantica. I had one or two small niggles about the room when we arrived (eg kettle missing) but these were sorted out immediately.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manitoulin Island, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Hotel is bright & shining! Our upgraded room was more than comfortable...wish that I had found the darkening shades before bed & that someone had mentioned there was a cost to parking. Halifax is an expensive place to stay. The staff were pleasant & friendly. Hotel is situated within a short distance of what's happenin'.

Room Tip: Dig for those blinds!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple