Delta Hotels Halifax
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
All reviewsharbour cityscotia squarefront desk staffan upgradehotel restaurantvalet parkingliquor storeworld tradelower deckbusiness triptim hortonsbed was comfortablepool and hot tubcitadel hillmini fridgedowntown areapedway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The staff and the location are great.
I have always been very happy with the service at this hotel; they really go out of their way to accommodate most any reasonable request (late checkout, room upgrades etc.)
Drawbacks:

The key cards are beyond annoying:
they lose their coding incredibly easy. On a recent 2 day business trip I had to call from the elevator area phone to ask for a new card four times. That's right...4. On one occasion the girl actually told me I had to come downstairs to get a new one (normally service is very good). Still, to get to your room after a long day only to have sort yet another demagnetized key is irritating. Having stayed at this hotel multiple times (it is a preferred vendor for my firm) I would estimate that I have dealt with this issue no less than 15 times.

Rooms:
The decor and convenience within the rooms is pretty mediocre.Outlets for phones and laptops etc. are in short supply and scattered around the room (iPad in the bathroom, iPhone on the floor beside a lamp etc.)

Heat/AC:
Certain rooms just won't heat up in the winter

All this said....the staff and the location will, in all likelihood, bring me back. A tip for those headed to this hotel, keep your key card in the envelope it comes in when you leave the room. Also try to store it I a pocket with no other items (especially other cards and cell phones).

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Matthew T
Tan-Nee N, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit... we really appreciate your continued loyalty. I am very pleased to read your comments regarding my colleagues and the service levels they provide along with our location being a great asset during you stays.

I understand your feelings on having your key card de-magnetized and understand how inconvenient that can be... I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. You're right in mentioning to keep them away from mobile and hand held devices as the batteries in those electronics can zap hotel room keys.

We appreciate your feedback on the availability of power outlets... trust we will dig in on possible solutions for the mean time... a full solution will be employed during the next room renovation project.

If you have time (my email is below) it would be great if you could send along your most recent assigned room. I will ensure our maintenance team completes a full audit on the heating unit to ensure there are no underlying issues that need to be addressed.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and we all look forward in welcoming you back again soon.

Donnie MacDonald

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was our first time staying at the Delta Halifax. (we usually stay at the Delta Barrington) The staff are awesome and seem to take a genuine interest in helping you. The room we had was on the 5th floor with a view of the harbour. The room, and hotel itself were clean and attractive. The hotel is located adjacent to the Scotia Square Mall which has shopping and food as well as a NSLC. Very convenient to get to anything downtown through the pedways. We also liked the cucumber water near the elevators, a nice touch. There is valet parking or parking yourself in the parking garage.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NSNeena
Tan-Nee N, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Greetings from Delta Halifax!

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit... we really appreciate your loyalty to our Halifax hotels and its great to read you took the opportunity to try Delta Halifax. We are all thrilled you enjoyed your time and appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

Thanks for staying and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Barrington or Halifax!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Everything about this hotel is good - rooms, sleep quality and the internet; one of the best speeds in a hotel. Harbour City Bar and Grill within the premises deserve a special mention for the quality of food and service.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobans
Tan-Nee N, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Greetings from Delta Halifax!

Thanks very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing... its great to be in receipt of your feedback. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us and will be sure to pass your comments along to my colleagues who worked very hard to ensure your stay was a success.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we all look forward in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We cant say enough about this place.The staff is second to none. It is not a question wheather we will be back or not.Food is awesome.Highly recommend the cheese tray.We have been there a few times in the last year due to medical issues.It is a great comfort to know we have no worries during our stays.I was in a major car accident in Dec 2012.My husband stayed here and he was very thankful for anything and everything about the place.We had our son for heart surgery this summer and i found it perfect as my mobility is limited. We stayed Sun night as our son had an appointment.Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Tan-Nee N, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your experiences while staying with us. We are so happy to be your home away from home when needing to visit Halifax. We really appreciate your comments and look forward in providing you the same levels of comfort and service in the future.

Wishing Health and Happiness to you and yours.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We booked a king size room thru expedia, the dates somehow got mixed up til mid Feb, so we ended up in a queen room, disappointing, the bathroom was so small, not at all what I expected for this hotel, the grout was dirty, the bathroom door was in need of replacing, the bottom was a mess. Very disappointed in the parking situation, we have a F150 parked it in the front valet parking they moved them on Sat and squeezed the vehicles in pretty tight. Overall experience I won't be back, the hotel was loud to sleep. The pillows were comfy and the bed was great but all and all not what I expected for a higher end hotel. Room service cost an extra 3.50 to bring food up, really delivery drivers using gas don't charge this. Sorry not worth the money. Over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank T K
Tan-Nee N, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Let me start off by apologizing for not providing you a better experience during your recent stay. It appears as though from beginning to end your stay was riddled with unfortunate events... for what has happened I am very sorry. Please trust when we accepted your reservation we did so in good faith anticipating we would put our best foot forward and provide you with the stay experience you would have expected. My email is below and invite you to connect with me. We would really like an opportunity to further discuss your stay and make efforts to regain your trust.

Thank you very much for reaching out... I look forward in hearing from you.