“Free Upgraded Room with a Great View!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delta Hotels Halifax

Delta Hotels Halifax
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Calgary
“Free Upgraded Room with a Great View!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Delta Halifax for an overnight stay in Halifax. We got the "tax free" package, which included valet, a $25 meal voucher, and a harbour view room. Upon our arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by very pleasant staff. We received a free upgrade on our room to a junior suite which was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed a view of the harbour, and the hotel was within walking distance to the wharf and local attractions. We would recommend this hotel to others.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for choosing us on your recent stay. Your package is a very popular option with great value... we are very happy to hear you agree! We are also thrilled you enjoyed your jr. suite and fantastic harbour view. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay and look forward in welcoming you back soon!

donnie.macdonald@deltahotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Location and first impressions are so important.

The Delta is within walking distance of so many attractions, restaurants and shopping at the Harbour front. Plus it was within 3 blocks of the Halifax Club where we attended a wedding.
The attendant at the reception desk was patient and courteous despite our late arrival and my concern about parking our SUV equipped with a roof rack in the garage. He even stepped outside to look at the vehicle and explained exactly where to enter the section for tall SUV’s and trucks. The barman was friendly and provided prompt service. The room was an upgrade suite with harbour view. It was quite big and very clean. I especially liked the separate makeup area from the washroom.

The hotel is very nice but any concerns previously posted about the rooms have to do with the Delta Corporation deciding to upgrade their properties. Like the only thing I can criticize is the air conditioning units that were somewhat noisy and old; this can lead to mustiness in the air.

Management and staff alike worked hard at making us feel welcomed and comfortable during our 3 night stay. I recommend this hotel and would definitely return.

Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent visit. We really appreciate you taking the time to share feedback with us. Its great hear you enjoyed our location and we are very pleased to hear your comments on the service levels provided by our night audit, front office and management teams.

Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward in welcoming you back soon!

Best,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I call this the Hotel that snobbery forgot. Halifax is the Big Smoke of the Maritimes - the serious players in the restaurant industry are chic. The hotels have crafted comfort and class but still people know how to make you feel at home.

I scored a sweet deal on travelzoo.ca and that is how I ended up with a killer rate for a room with a king sized bed, harbour view, well below seasonal highs because we booked early. A laughable walk to the harbour front, don't worry if you have mobility issues or just prefer the slower pace of life- the hotel connects to a downtown passage way with elevators that will put you right at the boardwalk of the harbour or the casino if that is your fancy (not mine). I preferred the easiest access to all the great Irish pubs, the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia (perfect size with a poignant punch), short walks to the public gardens and uncluttered access to all main roads to get you out if town for a day trip (sailing, wineries, lobster dinners).

The hotel staff will remind you that you don't need to go anywhere far to get the best of the city. They were extremely forthcoming and generous wih tips and suggestions regardless if we were feeling fine and fancy or fashionably frugal. Everything the staff did was laissez-faire. Park my car? No problem. Bring it back up for me in 20 minutes? No problem. Where's the best fish and chip stand in Peggy's Cove. No problem? Need a four star restaurant followed followed by a five piece fiddle ensemble? No problem.

The room was great, bed comfy, style sophisticated. My only complaint: Wi-Fi sucked and the concierge forgot to bring me up the utensils I asked for. The former unforgivable, the latter I'll excuse: I'm pretty sure the concierge was too busy chatting up some other guest sharing with them his favourite spot to grab a pint and catch a impromptu Irish jams.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank LeFoodie
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback with us. We are very happy to hear you were able to take advantage of an early bird special we had available. I am sorry for the minor oversights during your stay however am thrilled with the praise and detail you used to describe your stay. We will be sharing your comments with our team of colleagues... they work very hard and will be very pleased to be in receipt of your feedback.

Please feel free to call upon me anytime to assist with any future Halifax reservation needs.

Best,

regina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed at the Delta on August 1st and 2nd, 2012. We had free valet service which was great, the front desk staff were very busy but remained pleasant and very helpful. All our questions were answered and they even took the time to give as directions on a map they hand out of dowtown Halifax.
The room was a little outdated with some wall paper peeling off the wall. It was clean and quiet though. Our room was a good size. I went to the gym and it was well set up with good equipment and not just a couple of treadmills, it had a modern universal weight trainer, a wide range of dumbells, flatscreen TVs, etc, The pool was good and clean but the whirlpool barely worked. Overall very good for such a large hotel.
We ate there 3 times and each time the food was very good, coffee is starbucks and very good as well not some cheap brand.
Overall we would stay there again

Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for choosing us on your recent visit to Halifax. We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and would return as our guest. There are many reputable hotels in Halifax and we really appreciate you choosing us and providing us feedback on how we are doing. My email is below please feel free to call upon me anytime to assist with any future Halifax reservations.

Best Regards,

Brampton, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I am currently staying in the hotel and am very dissapointed. On booking I asked for a King bed and was told when I arrived only 2 doubles were available but that I was upgraded to a Harbour view. I don't plan being in the room very much so really didn't care about the view.

Room itself upon entry was ok. Then I noticed a moth on the ceiling. Upon looking further at the ceiling it was in pretty disrepair - one corner needs some serious attention. Checked the bathroom and it has a strong smell of urine. Called the front desk to see if I could change rooms and was told unfortunately the hotel was full but they would send someone up to clean the bathroom. I told them the bathroom appeared to be clean just it smelled but they sent someone up to clean to hopefully help with the smell. He killed the moth for me thankfully. Asked me to come and smell the bathroom to see if was better. And it was. Except when the cleaning smell went away it smelled like urine again.

I decided that I would ask for a new room again tomorrow (since I'm scheduled to spend another night) but the last straw was when I saw some long centipede type bug crawling along the floor! Ugh! I went to get my phone to take a picture but unfortunately couldn't find it again to take one.

I will try to get a room at the hotel my conference is at tomorrow. I'm very dissapointed.

That said, the staff for the most part were friendly and helpful. The person who checked me in apologized for not having a king room - but didn't offer any type of further explanation just that she was sorry. The person who answered the phone at guest services was very pleasant and understanding. The gentleman from housekeeping was efficient but seemed slightly annoyed with my issues.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cheriliko
Hello from Delta Halifax,

We appreciate you choosing us on your recent visit to Halifax and very sorry for the experiences you had. Certainly not what you would have expected nor what we desired to deliver. I am hoping you may be willing to contact me (email below) as we would like to attempt to bring a positive closure to your stay.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, the air conditioners in the rooms were very noisy. The insulation between the corridor and the rooms was not very good.
On the first night we went to sit in the lounge/bar. We tried to order drinks by ourselves and were told to sit and the server will take our order - waited 10 minutes, no server. Tried to order at the bar again and were told that the server will be with us shortly - after additional 10 minutes the server approached took our order and disappeared again for 10 minutes....

I was expecting better service, especially after staying at two other Delta hotels - Montreal & Charlottetown PEI

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for choosing us on your recent visit. I am sorry to read your experience was not what you have come to expect from our hotel and brand. I am sorry we let you down and am hoping you may be willing to contact me (email below) as we would certainly like an opportunity to regain your trust.

Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Delta Halifax. One when we arrived at the start of our holiday and again before leaving. The room we had for the first night was not great. It was very small and dated and had it not been 2am when we were checking in, we would have asked for a different room. The room on the second night was much nicer. It was larger with a view of the harbour.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for choosing us to be part of your recent travel plans. There are many reputable hotels in Halifax and we appreciate you choosing us. I am sorry your room assignment on your first night was not completely satisfying however am glad to hear you did enjoy your second night's accommodation. My email is below I am wondering if you would send along your room number from your first night.

We appreciate you choosing us and look forward in welcoming you back soon. Please feel free to contact me to assist with your next Halifax reservation.