My fiance and I decided (VERY last minute) to take a mini vacation to Halifax to enjoy the Casino and some shopping. We stayed at the Delta Barrington for two nights and then moved on to the Delta Halifax.
We pulled up to the doors and the valet guy came right out and parked our car while we checked in (after asking if we needed help with our bags, which we didn't). Check-in was a breeze and the staff were beyond friendly. We got to our room which was exactly where we requested it to be (high up and close to the elevator). The room was very nice and super clean. Some of the items did need an upgrade but they all worked perfectly...ie: alarm clock. Our first morning there we ordered from In Room Dining. It was a decent breakfast, although it was nothing to what we had expected it to be after reading reviews of delicious food. When we asked the front desk clerk about this she informed us that the In Room Dining menu was completely different then that of the restaurant...even prepared by different people.
That evening we decided to eat in the restaurant and it was nothing short of amazing. It was 5-star quality and gourmet to the last detail. The plating was gorgeous and the food was to die for. I was beyond impressed when the chef came to our table to make sure we were enjoying our meal. I admit that it was expensive (about $80 after tip for two of us), however, it was worth every penny. You can't expect to get 5-star dining without paying a 5-star price, and that is not even a 5-star price (compared to the 5-star restaurants where I live).
We stayed here for 3 nights and loved it all. The bed was very comfy and the pillows were like heaven.
The best thing about the entire place is that you do not have to go outdoors for anything. A mall, restaurant, food court, pharmacy and casino are all connected to the hotel via pedways. It was blistering cold while we were there so not having to go outside was a huge bonus. It can get a little confusing but after doing it once or twice it becomes second nature.
One more thing....my fiance and I LOVE our sleep, so we tend to sleep pretty late (past normal housekeeping hours). We knew that the housekeeping staff was done of our floor by 10am. At around 2:30pm we decided that we were going to go for a swim. We called down to the front desk and requested that our room be cleaned while we were gone. This was not a problem for them and when we got back the room was immaculate.
I would definitely suggest the Delta Halifax to anyone looking for a relaxing time away from home. It IS a little expensive, however, the staff make it worth every cent!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in travel at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax. Our hotel in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia is centrally located and offers amazing views of the harbour. Enjoy easy access to the city's top destinations from our accommodations, including proximity to the Citadel National Historic Cite and Scotiabank Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Halifax Hotel Halifax
- Delta Hotel Halifax
- Halifax Delta Hotel
- Delta Hotels By Marriott Halifax Nova Scotia