“Excellent Service & Massive, Well-Appointed Signature Club Rooms”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Excellent Service & Massive, Well-Appointed Signature Club Rooms”
Reviewed January 12, 2006

It should be noted that this review is based on my experience of staying at the Delta Barrington's Signature Club Room.

Customer service, from the outset, was delivered with a smile. I found the hotel staff to be courteous and thoughtful. They really delivered when I presented them with a couple of problems.

The Signature Club room they booked me in was enormous and clean. The king-sized bed and the bathroom were somewhat average. Overall, beyond the sheer size of the room, it's pretty good. Nothing really lacking, but nothing to write home about.

I must mention the Delta Barrington's excellent location. Granted, Halifax doesn't have a large downtown core, but this hotel is clearly central (during lousy weather, guests can walk to the base of Citadel Hill to the waterfront via Halifax's underground maze and skybridges without having to step outside - the Delta Barrington is directly connected to all of this).

For a safe bet, tourists and business travellers alike should certainly consider this hotel.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
8 Thank GlobalEyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Reviewed November 28, 2005

We hosted a Christmas Party here and the event planners went above and beyond to make sure we had an enjoyable stay. The pool and hot tub area are very nice and the exercise room was very appealing. Loved the pedways. I do however felt our room was a little small but the large bathroom made up for that. Will stay again, with out a doubt.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2005

Stayed here for a conference in Oct 2005. Room was well done with complimentary high speed internet access if you had your own laptop, turndown service, nice toiletries and farily large size bathroom. Pillows and bedding could use an updating though. Location was close to a lot of the tourist sites and shopping. Would have appreciated a shuttle service of some sort as cabbing from the airport cost about $45-50. Service was top notch at all times and most helpful with travel directions. I think housekeeping must have been through about 3x/day to ensure that your needs are met. Price was a little higher I think for the stay given that we had to add an additional $19 per day for parking. A great experience overall.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank Trende
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2005

After spending two days trying to get to Halifax from Toronto I was warmly greeted by the staff and directed to a third floor room. The lobby decor is cosy Maritime. The first thing I noticed was the immaculate condition of the lobby, elevators and hallways. The elevator was so clean you could see your reflection on the doors. My room was cosy and recently refurbished and spotlessly clean. New bed linens, carpet and drapes, immaculate bathroom, lots of fluffy towels, a robe and a big TV with minibar fridge. I even had a harbour view.

I was also surprised by the thoughtful turn down service, chocolates on the pillow, a free bottle of water and a weather report. Inside the closet lots of cedar hangers and iron and board and another fluffy robe!

The gym and pool were updated and complete, even a swiss ball for those into core body training.

Everywhere you encountered staff they were always willing to stop and chat and share a smile. The housekeeping staff were especially friendly as were the restaurant staff. Front desk and valet staff were so friendly that as a Vancouverite accustomed to our stand offish service, I was often suspicious of their eager friendliness, something I wish we had more of.

After my horrific stay at the Delta Chelsea in Toronto, this property again renewed my faith in the Delta chain. I commend the staff who obviously are proud of this property and love working here! It almost brought tears to my eye's and made me think a lot about how I can better treat my staff.

If there were a rating above excellent, they would have earned it!

• Stayed July 2005
9 Thank connect2source
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed March 1, 2005

Great value. Convenient location. Staff was wonderful. They suggested fabulous restaurants - not just the typical touristy places that most hotels suggest.

3 Thank LPFulton
Reviewed January 22, 2005

hi im Hanna and my friends dad has a pass for the pool and the pool at the delta barrington rocks!!! its a little small but sooooo clean and a big hottub cant wait till i go back this week!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 4, 2004

I stayed at the Delta Barrington in October, 2004. I thought the room was a tad small for the price I paid, but the location was good (close to harbour and the Citadel). One morning there was no hot water - their boiler had broken. We got a letter of apology under the door but nothing else was offered. Ate in the restaurant once - food was good and service was very friendly and helpful. An okay stay but nothing to write home about.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member