“The best staff ever!”

Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Fredericton, Canada
“The best staff ever!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I love this hotel and the upgrades they have made to the lobby/restaurant are fabulous.
The location is great - easy access to both the waterfront and spring garden road.
The staff are fun, positive and so helpful - always ready with a smile!
The beds are great but you may have to learn to ignore noisy air conditioners as they plan to upgrade the system soon (I hope!)
Complimentary Starbucks coffee in the morning is a nice treat too!

Room Tip: It doesn't really matter in this hotel - although the club floor is a nice treat with compliment...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tan-Nee N, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Greetings from Delta Barrington!

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. Its great to read your feedback and we are all thrilled to hear how much you enjoy your stays with us. Please trust we are in the planning phases for upgrading our rooms and yes HVAC will be included. Thanks for commenting on our new lobby along with TEMPO Food + Drink... we love the new digs and are glad you do too!

Thanks for your loyalty and we all look forward to inviting you back again soon.

donnie.macdonald@deltahotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Our must recent stay was for three nights. I was traveling with my wife and 3 year old daughter. Upon arrival we had a bell-hop quickly unload our car during midweek rush hour traffic. I also used the excellent valet service during my stay. The staff recognized me as a Delta Privilege member and had my luggage on a cart and up to my room in minutes. Our three year old was ecstatic with her welcome gift.

We stayed on the signature club floor and had an excellent continental breakfast each morning that included very good espresso. At night we enjoyed hearty appetizers which included mussels and fine cheeses. We also indulged with room service and ate one of our meals at Tempo, the hip but reasonably priced hotel restaurant. All were excellent.

Overall the stay was excellent. This is the fourth time we have stayed at this hotel in the past two years and it keeps getting better. Assistant guest services manager Marcy Davis made sure that we were comfortable; allowing this stay to be a vast improvement from a previous visit. The front desk was fast, friendly and effective. I was even able to borrow a cell phone charger when I forgot mine at home.

This particular stay was very busy as the entire hotel was sold out for a large minor hockey tournament and a Black Sabbath concert. At no time did we hear noise from other rooms/hallways and hotel staff kept a fun and friendly atmosphere. Our next stay in Halifax will be at Delta Barrington.

Room Tip: Signature Floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Located on Halifax's main street across from Scotia Square and rear opening into pedestrian commerce. Two blocks from the waterfront and equal distance to Halifax MetroCenter. The hotel rooms are well appointed, clean and quiet in spite of the busy location. Parking is offsite and valet only. The staff are friendly and helpful. WiFi is free throughout. Airport transportation leaves from the door (26 miles). The hotel has just undergone redecoration.

Room Tip: This depends on your needs. All rooms have been of equal equal quality.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank canuck33907
Tan-Nee N, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Greetings from Delta Barrington! Thanks for taking the time to share you feedback with us. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us! We really appreciate you including us in your travel plans and hope to see you back again.

Marcy
marcy.davis@deltahotels.com
Reviewed March 29, 2014

It was a awesome hotel but it was hard to find and it was right on a very active street it was hard to park and the room we was in was shaped weird so it was very cramped but overall I loved it sooooo much

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Emmiejadel
Tan-Nee N, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thanks for staying with us on your recent Halifax visit. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us. Halifax is a busy city with lots of moving parts... I'm sorry it was hard to find us in the beginning. We have many different room types... I invite you to connect with me to assist with your next reservation and assist in selecting a different room type.

Thanks again for staying and I look forward in hearing from you.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Was looking for a nice hotel down by the waterfront that had parking. Valet parking was very convenient. Nice and close to the waterfront. Of course the room and service was excellent as it was a Delta hotel. Will be my hotel of choice when going to Halifax in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ron M
Greetings from Delta Barrington,

Thanks very much for choosing us on your recent visit. Its great to read your feedback and we are all very happy to have provided you a great stay. We are thrilled to be your hotel of choice and look forward in welcoming you back soon. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance in helping secure your next reservation.

Moncton, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Me and my girlfriend recently stayed 3 nights in the signature club, staff at both the hotel and the tempo (restaurant in the hotel) were very helpful, had mostly good service and were pleasant to talk to. However in out room we found food under the bed, the door on the armoire fell off. We had food in the fridge that went bad over night as it was not working, and we had addressed an issue with there being what seemed to be coffee over the side of bed and side table it was only half taken of they left what was on the side table. overall good stay but am not happy with the quality of the room for what I paid.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tan-Nee N, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Greetings from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Halifax. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed our service levels. I am however very sorry for the issues you experienced regarding room cleanliness... certainly not the standards you would have expected nor what we hold ourselves to.

I feel as though we owe it to you to make up for the shortfalls you experienced. If you are willing I invite you to connect with me (email below) as I would like to have the opportunity to regain your full trust.

woodstock
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I booked the Delta Barrington due to a Travelzoo deal being offered for a girl's overnight getaway. We arrived early prior to check-in time. No rooms were ready however they called right away as soon as it became available. Rooms were adequate and clean. Nothing over the top but what do you expect when you are getting a great deal. We had $25/room in food vouchers which could be used in the Tempo restaurant after 5pm. They offer a happy hour and we used the vouchers on appetizers in this timeframe. Food was okay and the service was quick. The hotel offers free coffee/tea service on your floor in the mornings. I thought this was a nice touch to have real cream instead of the powdered. Also had breakfast in Tempo. Service was a little slow but the food was tasty. If you are staying downtown Halifax this hotel will meet your needs without being overpriced. Its a good fair value!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank hunkydoreyWoodstock
Tan-Nee N, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent get-a-way... our Travelzoo offer was very popular I am pleased you took advantage of that great deal. Thank you for taking the time to articulate the highlights from your experience with us... its great to read you enjoyed your time.

My email address is below... please feel free to connect with me to personally assist with your next Halifax escape!