“Overnight visit”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was a very excellent hotel. We were in room 108. Staff was friendly and efficient. We ate at the restaurant which was also excellent. Great atmosphere and service. Would stay here again. Recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

I was so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always great to receive positive feedback about our staff and it's great that you got a chance to enjoy our new restaurant, Tempo, as well!

Thanks again for such wonderful feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly to help arrange your reservation personally the next time you are coming to Halifax.

Megan
megan.macdonald@deltahotels.com

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just booked 2 nights at the Delta Barrington and advised them that I was an NSGEU member to obtain the discount. I was told it would be $96 per night and was very pleased. When I received my email conformation they had the discount as a NSTU member so I had to call and was then told it would be $60 a night more. Very disappointed, needless to stay. Will have to decide now if I will cancel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I sincerely apologize for this error that was made on our part and I'm happy we have been able to connect by email.

I look forward to personally helping you with your next reservation experience.

Sincerely

Megan
megan.macdonald@deltahotels.com

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed for 5 nights and the staff was great. The hotel is centrally located. You could walk to the Citadel or the boardwalk/water in just a few short blocks. The pool is good for kids, 1 m depth. Nothing fancy. Staff responded to our requests very promptly and appeared to enjoy the job. A pleasurable experience. A/C unit was loud, but didn't seem to bother us while we were sleeping.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent family vacation... we are very happy to have been included in your travel plans. Its great to read you enjoyed your stay and particularly enjoyed our service levels, location and pool area. Thanks again for staying and we all look forward in seeing your family back again should your travel plans bring you to Halifax.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Recently, I stayed with my family at the Delta Barrington hotel in Halifax. The hotel is in a perfect location for walking to downtown Halifax activities and the waterfront. It was clean and comfortable, but the most outstanding aspect of our visit was the service we received from the staff. They were absolutely wonderful! So accommodating and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit. I am thrilled to read your feedback... thank you for taking the time. I will be sure to inform my colleagues on your post... they work very hard and will really appreciate your feedback. Thanks again for staying and feel free to call upon me anytime should you require future Halifax reservations.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Front desk staff were very accommodating and helpful with a credit card mix-up that delayed my check-in, going to every length to solve the issue. My room was clean, quiet, and nicely appointed. The downtown location means it's a few short blocks away from everything to see, buy, eat, and do. I had breakfast at their in-house restaurant and it was delicious, prompt, and served by a cheery, chatty waitress. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Greetings from Delta Barrington!

Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip. I am thrilled to read your feedback (thank you for taking the time) and will be passing along your review to my colleagues... they work hard and will be very pleased to read your review. Thanks again for staying and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location with obliging staff and steps to anything Halifax has to offer

Taylor stood out at the front desk with his humour and charm. His partner was nice too but I did not get her name, sorry.

Small room but very nice and a bit of a harbour view made this special for us too.

The fact that we could walk everywhere and leave the car parked was a huge bonus for us too.

• Stayed: August 2013
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit. Taylor is a real asset to our hotel... thanks so much for recognizing his efforts... I will make sure he receives a copy of your feedback. Thanks again for staying and we are all thrilled you had such a great time while visiting our city.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights during the Buskers festival. It was conveniently located to see a show head back and rest a bit and then head out in the evening for another show. We faced NSCAD and the courtyard with several bars but it was still quiet enough in the room to get a good night's sleep. The kids visited the pool several times and it was well maintained and well stocked.
The room itself was clean and comfortable and the staff were truly wonderful, especially Kylie. She helped us find the perfect location to watch the Natal Day parade, as well as telling us about some other activities that were nearby.
As well, the kids loved the cookies upon check in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Greetings from Delta Barrington!

Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Halifax to see the Buskers. I am thrilled you enjoyed our hotel along with our location and the pool and fitness area's. Kylie is a super star for us... I will make sure she is receipt of your feedback and recognition. Thanks again for choosing us... we hope to see you back soon!