“Great hotel in great little city”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Hampton, New Brunswick
“Great hotel in great little city”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent a night here at the beginning of March. Check in was super easy even though they were busy. Valet parking was quick on drop off and great the next morning when we left. Our room was clean, reasonably well decorated, and extremely quite. The location is also a big plus. Halifax is a neat city to walk around in and this hotel is in the middle of everything. Casino Nova Scotia is close as are great places to eat, shop and grab a drink. We had a coupon for the on site resto. "Tempo" is a cool space with great service. Sadly my steak was disappointing as it was not seasoned at all. Our server was great I think his name was Mark. We would return and stay at the Delta Barrington no questions asked.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello from Delta Barrington,'

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and particularly enjoyed our location and service levels! I am sorry to hear your beef was not prepared to your liking... certainly an anomaly I would like to apologize for. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Delta Barrington and TEMPO for a better dinning experience in the near future.

donnie.macdonald@deltahotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Stellarton
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a weekend away in Halifax in January and stayed at the Delta Barrington. They had provided amazing service to both my son and his girlfriend and my brother and his wife on previous visits, and we had always had great experiences there. Upon arriving, a young man named Taylor greeted us at check-in and was so friendly and accomodating. He called us by name, talked as if we had known each other forever and even complimented by travel bag! It was like going to visit an old friend. We were fortunate to have been upgraded to the Signature Club Room by Donnie MacDonald, Delta's Manager. Our room was spacious and very clean, and we were greeted with wine and a cheese/bread/fruit tray shortly after entering our room. A wonderful touch! As part of the package we were able to go into the Signature Club Lounge in the evening where we enjoyed fresh fruit, veggies, Hawaiian Pizza, smoked salmon, homemade potato chips and Expressos/Hot Chocolate etc. There was a staff member there, a young lady, who made sure we had everything we needed and had great conversation with us. There was also a complimentary breakfast available in the morning. It was an excellent stay at the Delta Barrington as usual, and the staff are the friendliest I have encountered at any hotel. If you are looking to be treated like family, have a relaxing, clean place to stay in the heart of Halifax and all its activites, Delta is the place for you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Greeting's MICHELLE551,

Its great to hear from you! Thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and our potential future guests. You are part of the Delta Family!

I look forward in speaking with you again soon!

Ottawa
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have likely stayed in this hotel over 100 times and just realized that I have never bother to provide an review. The location is great and you are within a few minutes walk to the waterfront and all the activities and restaurants located there as well as the most of the downtown core. Service has been impeccable and can't say enough about the Maritime hospitality. While the Delta brand is one I often stay at, there is a significant difference between the Delta Halifax and this hotel and am disappointed when I have to stay at the Delta Halifax. My favorite beds from a hotel stand point and would strongly recommend staying here for business or as tourist to Halifax which is a great city to visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hello from the Barrington!

Thanks very much for your review! It means a great deal to us coming from such a loyal guest. My email is below please feel free to connect with me upon your next visit... I would like to thank you in person for your loyalty and support.

Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've always liked the Delta brand and the service at this hotel lived up to it's name. The rooms are a little tired and need updating however this is offset by the service and location. The room was clean. The staff were excellet and the location is good for easy walking to downtown businesses and local restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback. We are very happy you enjoyed our hotel and service levels. We are currently in the planning stages of a room upgrade. We really appreciate your loyalty and look forward in welcoming you back again soon.

Duncan, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Beside points made in the title it was located in a very convenient spot.
Attached restaurant is brutal.
Front desk staff was ok though they seemed to forget almost daily to have the valet get my car even though I called down 20 minutes in advance.

Greetings from Delta Barrington,

Thanks for taking the the time to share feedback with us. We are pleased you enjoyed aspects of your stay however very sorry we didn't get it all right. I am wondering if you may be willing to provide me with some additional details on your dinning experience (email below). We are working hard to get it right and am sure we can learn from your feedback.

Thanks again for staying with us and I look forward in hearing from you.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very nice location, good and clean hotel and convenient access at walking distance to stores, and restaurant. Tempo Restaurant inside the hotel has good food and very friendly staff.
The room is spacious, in good shape, and clean.
Also, the hotel offers free wi-fi (good speed), convenient small and functional business center that does the job.

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thanks very much for sharing feedback with us. We are very happy to read you enjoyed our hotel, service levels and Tempo Food + Drink. Our branded Internet XL has been a huge success since we implemented it in early 2012.... its great to hear your comment on its efficiency.

Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Annapolis Royal, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Staff are very "accommodating" (pardon the pun) and friendly, the basic room is comfortable and well equipped, and the location in downtown Halifax cannot be beaten. It's particularly convenient in winter because you can walk to the casino and the World Trade Convention Centre without going outside. Prices are generally reasonable, considering what you get. Room service meals were a little disappointing, but not bad.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Halifax. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Our location in our words is the best of any downtown hotel... we are very happy you found it to be so convenient. I am sorry to hear we missed the mark on your in room dinning meal... If you are willing I would very much appreciate additional details... we take your feedback very seriously... and strive to continuously improve our offering's.

I look forward in hearing from you.

Donnie