Delta Hotels Barrington
$200
$158
Westin.com
  • Pool
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$118
  • Pool
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$211
$186
  • Restaurant
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$126
$116
All reviewstempo restaurantvalet parkingsignature clubclub roomdowntown halifaxscotia squarebit datedevery staff memberper daywithin walking distancehot tubhistoric propertieslocation is greathotel is centrally locatedbeds were very comfortablethird floorbusiness trip
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Delta Barrington was a good choice for our night in Halifax. We were able to walk down to the waterfront, take in a concert at the Halifax Jazz Festival, and relax in our comfortable room. The staff were exceptionally friendly. Just be aware that they only offer valet parking, which costs around 20 CAD per night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank burkes886
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing us on your recent visit. We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and particularly enjoyed our service levels. As we are not attached to a parking facility our valet option is most convenient especially for our guests not familiar with our city.

Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward in welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here and the hotel felt old and outdated. There was nothing special about our stay.
I was unaware that basically your only option was to valet park. There is little to no street parking, and the cost was 19.99 a night. I was not overly impressed that we werent told about this when we booked.

It was nice that it connected with the casino and we could just walk over.
The location is perfect, if you want to explore downtown halifax.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lmac0017
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Greeting's from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing us during your visit last August. We are pleased to read you did enjoy our location and the benefit of being on the down town link. Our parking options are very limited as we do not own a facility nor is one attached to our building. Given those circumstances we find the valet service is the best solution. I am sorry you were not made aware of this at the time of reservation. We will circle back with our voice agents to ensure this information is included in all reservation calls... we will also sweep all sites we are listed on to ensure the information is accurate. Thanks again for choosing us... we look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

July 12th delta Halifax full so took a room here. Called for room service at 6pm. Put on hold. Then told to call back. In the morning coffee maker would not work. On hold for front desk for 8 minutes. Gave up and walked downstairs to get a cup of coffee. Just have had bad luck here compared to delta Halifax. Really felt let down.

Room Tip: Delta Halifax is the key
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing us on our recent stay. I am very sorry we let you down on your recent visit. I would like to make this up to you in any way we can. My email is below. I am available anytime.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Delta Barrington on July 1/12. Check inn was great, staff were friendly and the room was fine, we were next to the pool which was nice for the kids. There is no hot tub, but the pool was great. Our tv would not work and a call to the front desk had the problem solved quickly. Location is downtown. There are air-conditioned pedways that you can take right to the casino and waterfront.

Be aware that this hotel offers valet parking only for a cost. Our stay was great until checkout. When our van was brought to the front of the building we discovered that our license plate had been stolen. We had to go to the police station to report this. As it was a holiday we had to wait until the next day to get new plates. Thankfully we were only going a little ways out of the city. I don't know what someone travelling a distance would have done. The police said we could not drive the vehicle until it had plates and that if we were stopped and charged with driving without plates, we could challenge the charge in court. Again, what would the traveller who lived a far distance away have done?

No follow up from the hotel was done, until I emailed and asked if the plate had been found and I received a phone call, saying they had not called as they had no news about our issue.
As I have said great stay until we were departing.

Room Tip: Liked being next to the pool. Did ot have breakfast or use the spa.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank susiegjoa
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing us on your recent family get-a-way. We are pleased to hear your positive comments regarding your check in and your room assignment in close proximity to our pool for your kids to enjoy. Again we are very sorry for what happened to your license plate. I am sorry the options made available from the police were very limited and can certainly understand how difficult of a situation it must have been. My email is below and would like to invite you to contact me directly to personally assist with any future Halifax reservations.

Thanks again for choosing us.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights on July 9 on a business trip. I had booked a king size room on the 3d floor.

Pros:
- Location: close to everything worth seeing in Halifax. 2 blocks from waterfront. Right on Barrington St, which has some nice food and bar options (Middle Spoon, Chives, amongst others) and shops. Goodlife gym right across the street inside the mall. I didn't use the hotel gym. Colleague said it was not very pleasant. That being said, there are a multitude of hotels within the same radius with the same proximity advantage.
- Free wireless.
- Free Starbucks coffee offered at elevators (though there were never any clean cups to pour it in, unless you got up really early)

Cons:
- Cleanliness room 1: Upon entering the room and walking towards the bed, I noticed several short black hairs on the white bed sheet. There was also a long hair across one of the pillows. I immediately called front desk. Housekeeping manager came by to verify my claim, apologized, and offered compensation (free first night). I was immediately moved to another room.

- Cleanliness room 2: After taking a shower the first night, I unfolded one of the bath towels to find 2 long black hairs on it. I understand that linens contain hair when they are thrown together in the washing machine, but they should not be folded with hairs in them. Unacceptable.

- Housekeeping: I slipped into bed only to feel my feet touching something other than the bed sheet at the end. I threw the covers aside to discover that the sheet covering the mattress was not long enough, so the last foot and a half of the mattress was uncovered. I thought the maid may have overlooked it, so I threw all the sheets aside in the morning for her to notice the problem. She kept the sheets the same way for the next 2 days, however. Absolutely disgusting to think how many feet have touched the uncovered mattress.

Another issue with housekeeping: I was in the middle of eating breakfast at around 8:10-8:15, when housekeeping knocked on the door and entered my room. Really? You want to clean my room at 8:15 in the morning?? Ridiculous!

- Food: I ordered breakfast the 3 days I was there. Terrible. I don't know how a hotel can manage to screw up potatoes and coffee, but this one does! The same breakfasts were also inconsistent: one day I had a pastry included, the other I didn't; one day I had a heap of (bad) potatoes, the next day I had a few pieces. The cream for the coffee was full of little chunks when I poured it. Don't have their fruit/yoghurt/granola breakfast. Absolutely disgusting.

- Bathroom sink did not drain properly.

- Paper thin walls. I could hear my neighbour snore. And my bed would move when my neighbour would move around in their bed. I guess our beds were against the same wall. My colleague complained of loud music coming from bars on her side of the street.

Do yourself a favour and skip out on this one. Any hotel that still uses shower curtains in the 21st century is a no-no. I really don't want to think about whose body parts that curtain has been stuck to.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tripsickle

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Firstly I am very sorry we let you down on several fronts during your recent stay. Certainly not the experience we are known for nor what we strive to achieve. I am however pleased we were able to re-connect offline and bring somewhat of a positive closure to your stay. Thank you for choosing us... we would certainly appreciate another opportunity to regain your trust.