“Very Favorable Experience Both stays”

Bluenose Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Virden, Mb.
“Very Favorable Experience Both stays”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

From our very enjoyable 3 night experiences at the start and end of our Nova Scotia holiday, we can only conclude that the new management has quickly addressed any previous issues.New paint,carpets,linens,and television with all the channels in a large room at the best price we found in Nova Scotia followed by a generous extended breakfast was our experience.Management and all staff were congenial and went above and beyond to meet our requests.No other hotel offered so much value or such a welcoming atmosphere.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sikevirden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Cheap hotel and you will see why. Run down buildings and rooms. Our room was impossible to find at 1am as number was out of order and round the side of the building. Lots of stairs to lug huge suitcases up. Musty smelling and depressing. Suspect there were bed bugs as my skin was crawling and woke up with little needlepoint sizes blood marks on arms and legs. Three good things: the night staff was extremely helpful, free internet PC and the breakfast was surprisingly yummy. Then the coke machine swallowed our money and when advising the morning lady of the broken machine she couldn't care less and refused to call the care hire company when the night shift person promised that they would do it for us. Would definately not recommend - spend a little more and give this a miss. The night staffer is a credit to this horrible hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heidi Z
HOJOBluenose, Manager at Bluenose Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Your comment with reference to the alleged bed bug problem with the motel was taken very seriously. We have a contract with a highly reputable pest control company. Our property is inspected on a monthly basis, which is standrard for the industry. I immediately contacted our pest contral company and had an inspection completed. I am pleased to say there are no issues and was assured there wasn't a problem.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I truly wish we could have spoken in persopn before your departure.

Respectfully

Devra

Travelers are raving about these Halifax hotels

Vancouver
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I asked for a change of room thrice and all three stunk of mildew. This property has serious humidity problems. I settled for a room that smelled like fresh paint instead of a mildewy one (what's worse?) because it was late at night, but I would like to tell everyone that is sensitive to smells or has respiratory problems to avoid this place at all costs!

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank Alla-Rustica
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I've been to Halifax in Sept 2009. I booked this hotel over the phone and the ower Sandeep was a co-operative, he gave me a better rate than expedia. Most of the hotels in Halifax was quite expensive that time. He also gave me bus number and direction from Airport. I landed around 9pm and then changed 2 buses to the hotel. The reception was quite small. The room was big and clean. Continental breakfast was included, it was ok. Only thing was that it was far from downtown, approx 30mins by bus!! its on bedford hwy. Otherwise its a good hotel and it's highly recomended for the budget solo travellers like me.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Swarna2010
Putnam, Connecticut
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This appears to be a hotel in transition, based on other reviewers' mentioning renovations in progress. It appeared during my visit in late June 2011 that the renovations so far had focused on the main building at the front of the property. We were in the other building, the three-story wooden structure in the back, and it would appear that these have not been renovated yet. For $71 a night, I am not complaining -- this was reserved in advance on the website, and when we arrived the sign out front advertised a $69 rate. It was just my wife and me, but somehow we got a large room with three queen size beds and two bathrooms (shower in one, toilet and sink in the other). The door was in bad shape, but it had a card-swipe lock that worked. Room was a little shabby but clean; the only thing I didn't like was a chair with cloth upholstery showing some stains. It had one window, providing a view of a propane tank under an exterior stairway. Plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Internet worked except for an outage at 10 p.m. one night; clerk said he would re-set the router, but it was not done until day shift came in the next morning. Rate includes breakfast in the Perks restaurant, and it is basic -- hot or cold cereal, toast or bagel, tea or coffee. All in all, it was a good experience, but I would advise people to ask if the better rates are available in the renovated rooms in the main building.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I came into this hotel and from the time I went through the door the atmosphere was wonderful. The staff were very friendly answering all my questions and helping me out in a pinch. I could only not have asked for a better place. I understand this hotel changed hands in December and the improvements to date were worth the visit.

Room Tip: front of the hotel has best view.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I picked this hotel because of the pics of the Cafe! love the chalkboard writing!
The staff at the Perks Cafe have been amazing to me! From the Owner (Marsha), to the cafe manager (Miranda),and all the excellent customer service experts: Cheryl, Kate, Holly! Travelliing alone does get lonely but these lovely ladies have provided a sense of home for me! The small town feel is alive and well in Bedford, especially at this cafe and Cheryl was extremely helpful in my search of apt hunting with leads!! The food and decor in the cafe is great value! The hours of operation for the cafe are very convenient, the food( homely selection) and service friendly and affordable. Best coffee I've had in Nova Scotia...highly recommend !!!!!! :)

Room Tip: if u want view ask for it. options available
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple