Our stay at the Cambridge Suites Hotel was the perfect way to start our vacation in the Canadian Maritimes. The hotel is chic and modern and newly renovated. It is centrally located -- across the street from the Citadel, around the corner from Spring Garden and just a few minutes from the waterfront.
As we were only staying one night, we opted for the standard guest room, which was much larger than that of most other hotels. It had two very comfortable beds, a sitting area, desk (with free wifi), a small kitchenette with fridge and microwave, and a large bathroom.
The service was outstanding. Everyone we encountered -- from the front desk staff to housekeepers to the managers at the evening reception -- were genuinely pleased to have us as guests.
We were pleasantly surprised to receive a welcome note from the guest services manager along with a bag of candies. What a wonderful treat.
The complimentary breakfast was more that your standard continentaly breakfast, offering fresh fruit, oatmeal and even hard boiled eggs, in addition to pastries and cereals. We made it back to the hotel at the end of the evening reception, but were able to enjoy a couple of sodas and a beer for my husband. It looked like a vegetable tray had been offered.
We did take a peek at the rooftop deck, which offers amazing 360-degree views of the city. There were a few chairs up there for sitting, plus a bbq grill. I imagine it is a popular place to be on summer nights.
You access the rooftop through the fitness center. Although we did not use it, it was equipped with a nice selection of equipment, plus a hot tub. There were saunas as well.
Overall, I would definitely, without hesitation, recommend the Cambridge Suites to anyone staying in Halifax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cambridge Suites Hotel is located in Downtown Halifax across from Citadel Hill. The rooftop patio offers a beautiful panorama of the city and you're within walking distance of many downtown attractions. Guest rooms feature comfortable beds in spacious living areas and kitchenettes to make you feel at home. Complimentary Continental breakfast helps start your day while our sauna, spa tub & fitness area lets you wind down. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cambridge Suites - Halifax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Suites - Halifax Hotel Halifax
- Cambridge Hotel Halifax
- Cambridge Suites - Halifax Nova Scotia