Cambridge Suites - Halifax
$206
$170
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
The Garden South Park Inn(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Free Internet
$315
$209
$185
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$117
$198
$157
  • Pool
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$125
$116
Travelocity
2,885 results
All reviewsgreat locationrooftop patiocontinental breakfastboiled eggscitadel hillspring garden roadunderground parkingwithin walking distancegreat place to stayhot tubking suitecentral locationfront desk staffrooms are spaciousexcellent staywater frontliving room
Reviewed July 24, 2013

When my son worked in Halifax in college as a volunteer/intern at the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo, I became acquainted with The Cambridge Suites. Each year he volunteered and I visited the lovely city of Halifax, learning the history and meeting the people. I was welcomed by Cambridge Hotel staff, and treated with the kind of hospitality that makes a visitor enjoy every minute of their stay. I was always provided with a spacious, perfectly kept room or suite, my every comfort considered. As I was often a single traveler, the staff were especially kind and friendly to me each and every time I visited. The rates, always reasonable, were discounted for me as a loyal customer. The hotel location is absolutely perfect for downtown exploration and access to the Metro Centre and the Tattoo performances. The rooftop view of the harbour is magnificent.

This year I returned to the Cambridge Suites in Halifax to celebrate with my son and several of his classmates when his alma mater, The Citadel Military College Regimental Band, was honored to perform at the Tattoo. And no, we did not for a moment think of staying anywhere else!

Catherine Farah
Charleston, South Carolina

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Megan D, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Catherine F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Nothing makes me happier than when someone gives feedback about how much they enjoyed their stay. I am happy we treat you like family and I am looking forward to doing so in years to come.

All the best,

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the reviews and nice pictures advertized. The price was not cheap but I thought that I would treat my family for the 2 days we were in Halifax. I was a little disappointed with the overall experience. We had a 2 room harbour suite, but in reality it was just your basic hotel room using 2 separate rooms together. The pictures made it out to be so much nicer. The harbourview was a distant look at the waterfront. The hotel has no pool and only a small spa. The sauna was cold and useless.- could not even work up a sweat. The outside patio was small and not inviting at all. I was very disappointed that you could not have a smoke outside, and that there were only a couple of dirty chairs to sit in. The continental breakfast was only fair - in typical Canadian fashion there is no eggs or bacon or sausage or waffles - just toast and cereal and stale muffins.Overall the stay was ok but nothing special - I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Megan D, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear ChefFatCat,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of how your visit went with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Usually people do enjoy our roof top patio and we try to keep it very clean. I am sorry it wasn't how it should have been. We cannot allow people to smoke up there for health and safety reasons - throwing the butts over the side of the building. Continental breakfast doesn't include hot items but we do have hot breakfast available for a few extra dollars.

We also do not have a pool but you can use the pool at the Prince George and I am sorry this wasn't relayed onto you. I will have someone check the temperature of the hot tub to ensure it is warm enough.

Once again thank you for the feedback so we know how to improve.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Family group of 4 stayed in a room with a separate sitting area with sink, mini frig and microwave. This arrangement was very handy when getting ready in the AM. The continental breakfast was very good. The staff persons, including housekeeping, were friendly and helpful. The location near the Citadel intown was very convenient. Will return if in Halifax.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Megan D, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear MACON51,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Cambridge! I am happy you were able to enjoy your stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back if you make another trip to Halifax!

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked the Cambridge Suites because they had a special for the room and tickets to the NS Tattoo.
We were delighted when we saw how close the hotel was to the Metro Centre where the Tattoo was being held.
The second plus was when we entered our room to see how spacious it was. We had a room with a Queen bed and a sitting area with a hide a bed chesterfield. There were 3 of us so 2 shared the bed and both found it really comfortable. I slept on the hide away which was also not bad at all.
The Staff was ver friendly. A lovely continental breakfast the next morning came with the cost of the room.
The hotel does have a nice restaurant, but the night before we decided to eat at the Fireside Restaurant which is out the front door, turn left and down the street on the right hand side.
Check out thr rooftop patio at the hotel....great 360 degree view of the city!

We would definitely stay at the CambridgevSuites again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tayj72

Dear Tayj72,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the Cambridge, I really appreciate it. I am happy you enjoyed your visit and the view.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you come back to Halifax!

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have a great room with an awesome view of the harbour. We got a great deal with parking included, and we can just walk around downtown without the hassle of finding parking. The Citadel is diagonally across from the hotel's front entrance. Bath products are organic. They have a hot tub, sauna, and fitness room on the roof, but you have to walk a couple of blocks to the Prince George for a swimming pool.

Room Tip: Get the room with the view, it's worth it.
3  Thank littleswanTx

Dear littleswanTx,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the Cambridge Suites Hotel. I really appreciate your wonderful comments and am very happy you were able to enjoy your experience so much.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you return to the city!

See you soon,