When I say "minor qualms", I want to make note that, anything negative I could say about this hotel and/or my recent stay boils down to nothing more than personal preference, or things that were not necessarily the fault of the hotel. I found my mattress to be too soft, but, that's because I prefer a firm mattress - if you prefer a soft mattress, you'll love your bed at Cambridge. I found it odd that the hotel kitchen was closed prior to 10 PM on a Saturday - but I've since come to realize that that's something of an industry standard, and it was an untypical situation that had me even attempting to call upon the kitchen after 10 PM to begin with, so that's hardly something to hold against the hotel. I had slight issues with the toilet not wanting to flush properly, before realizing that, hey, it's a low-flow toilet and that's just what low-flow toilets DO. Again, not the hotel's fault for trying to be greener. And I didn't particularly enjoy one of my meals from the kitchen, as I'm not typically a fan of cornbread, but, I ordered a dish knowing it came with cornbread so, I knew what I was doing and again, won't blame the hotel for something that I decided to do myself.
Objectively speaking, the Cambridge Suites is a phenomenal hotel. It's an ideal location for a downtown stay (being located right on Brunswick Street with easy and quick access to both Spring Garden Road and the entirety of the downtown core) with a beautiful view from any side. The staff are very friendly, from the check-in staff to housekeeping to the kitchen and beyond. I was immediately offered an upgrade to a larger room at check-in which I politely declined, but I consider that to be a very nice touch when available. Upon arrival, the room was very clean and well-organized. High-speed internet was as advertised, very quick, with no down-time on either mobile or laptop PC. My Sunday-morning 9 AM wake-up call occurred at exactly 9:00:14 AM, underscoring the quickness, dedication and effectiveness of the staff. I did not make use of the rooftop amenities, but in taking a few minutes to observe them, they are wonderful if you are so inclined. In terms of value, I feel as though my money was much more effectively spent at Cambridge for the return I received than at any other downtown hotel. Sometimes it's hard to believe the hype with a hotel as well-reviewed as Cambridge, but trust me when I say, you can believe in the Cambridge Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cambridge Suites Hotel is located in Downtown Halifax across from Citadel Hill. The rooftop patio offers a beautiful panorama of the city and you're within walking distance of many downtown attractions. Guest rooms feature comfortable beds in spacious living areas and kitchenettes to make you feel at home. Complimentary Continental breakfast helps start your day while our sauna, spa tub & fitness area lets you wind down. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cambridge Suites - Halifax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Suites - Halifax Hotel Halifax
- Cambridge Hotel Halifax
- Cambridge Suites - Halifax Nova Scotia